cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Easy Expert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I am facing a issue when I use easy expert to change temperature value for  a value assignment .

When I try to change the characterisitic temperature value to -32 deg using easy expert , the values gets updated as -31.9 deg .This happens only for negative values .

If I try to update -32.1 it gets updated as -32 degrees . if we enter the value directly in specification without using easy expert it is working fine.

Can you please clarify the reason fo the issue

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out OSS note 2079891. In other words use SP > 36 for EHS Expert.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suganth

a.) may be check OSS (SAP Marketplace)

b.) use "debug" mode to get an idea of the issue (only on one specification) : is it an "expert" issue or a "SAP" issue (calculation is done on "Expert Server" but data goes back to SAP and is stored there (as far as I know) via standard BAPIs/APIs

c.) do you use current "EHS Expert Server" version?

The handling of "data" driven values and "floating" driven values is not an easy task in IT systems.

Can you execute some additional experiments? Can you try to use e,.g. "-31.99"? It could be of interest if "expert" is always" rounding result to next integer value and if so in which direction

(e.g. in your example: - 31.9 is "getting -32; -32.1 is getting -32). So in the first example it i a "round" up (but physically it is a "round down" (next near integer) ; so -32.1 is rounded "down) (next integer is 32) (physically it is a round "up")

C.B.