cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with WD_SELECT_OPTIONS_20 and MultiValue Paste and Internet Explorer 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have created a WebDynpro Component, using the Interface Controller Component WD_SELECT_OPTIONS_20 to have select-options functionality available in WebDynpro.

One of the most used features in our company is the Multivalue-Paste, where you can select your values (e.g. in excel) copy them into the windows clipboard and paste them into WebDynpro select-option field (just click into the SO-field and do Ctrl+C)

WD_SELECT_OPTIONS_20 automatically creates 1 single selection-line for each entry in the clipboard.

With this functionality our product managers copy their articles and paste it into our WebDynpro application to do further processing with them.

This is standard functionality that comes with WD_SELECT_OPTIONS_20 and is there right away (as soon as you do not disable it in the global options of the SO).

All this worked perfectly well with Internet Explorer 9 and 10.

Recently our IT has "forced" a browser upgrade to IE11, where this feature does not work anymore.

When you now paste more than 1 entry into the selection-field, the WDA hangs and freezes.

You can still create more than 1 lines per SO-field by clicking on the + sign at the end of the field and add 1 entry after the other (meaning you can manually do what the multi-paste did automatically), but that is not feasable for 100s of articles.

I have tried to set almost everything in IE11 (enable everthing in the IE options), I have set compatibility mode in IE11, nothing helped.

I have tried different browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome), and - Surprise - it worked with Chrome, and only with Chrome.

But unfortunately Chrome is not allowed here in our company, so this is not the solution.

Did anyone encounter a simliar problem, or knows any hint or workaround to this problem ?

Any comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ionbarbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We now face the same issue. Did you find a solution for this?

Many thanks,

Ion Barbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ion

Yes - In fact all we had to do is to upgrade the SAP Basis components to an actual patch level.

After we did this - the Multipaste immediately worked with IE11.

We have upgraded our Basis components (SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA, ...) to Release 7.31, PatchLevel 0015.

Regards

Harald

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Please raise an SAP incident by the component BC-WD-ABA. It sounds like an UR issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to do that.

As mentioned in my post from yesterday, the problem is solved now.

We just did all Basis upgrades to 7.31 SP015 and the function worked right away.

Thanks

Harald

0 Kudos

Did you upgraded the UR(Unified Rendering )of the system? See note 2090746. You need to keep your UR up to day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nestor

Yes - The UR was also upgraded and is up to date.

Cheers
Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure, but there are certain issues reported with Ie11 for copy-paste functionality and even MS forums have a separate page dedicated for it.

If it's an issue with standard functionality, is it possible to open an issue with SAP on it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Thanks for the answer.

I already raised a message with SAP but did not get any answer so far.

Hopefully there will be a workaround for this somehow...

Thanks

Harald

Sudhakargadde
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I'm facing the same issue in copy 'n' paste in webdynpro in IE11. could please share how you resolve the issue please.

Thanks and regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar

In fact it is not yet resolved.

I got answer from SAP, telling us to first upgrade from SAP Basis 7.31 SP7 to - at least - SP9.

Because there will be no IE11 Support before this SP.

(They also recommended to better upgrade to the newest version !!).

And this is what we have scheduled for April now.

Then we will see if that alone fixes the problems (which I hope) or if we need to do further investigations.

Regards

Harald