cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Web Shop Development in NWDS for CRM7EhP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've been using CRM5.0 for years with the B2B Web Shop set up and we've been customizing it in NWDS and all that has been fine.

We've just upgraded to CRM7EhP3 and now I want to access the new B2B code in NWDS and create a new custom shop.

With CRM5.0 our basis team followed the instructions in How_To_Create_Custom_App_ECO5200.pdf with respect to setting up the track and adding the following software components to the track

CUSTCRMPRJ.sca

SAP-SHRWEB.sca

SAP-SHRAPP.sca

SAP-CRMWEB.sca

SAP-CRMAPP.sca

SAP-SHRWEB.sca

SAP-SHRAPP.sca

SAP-CRMDIC.sca

sap.com~STRUTS.sca

sap.com~SAP-IPCMSA.sca

sap.com~SAP-CRMJAV.sca

sap.com~SAP-SHRJAV.sca

TEALEAF.sca

I then configured NWDS to grab them.

I figured the same thing would just happen with our new system but our basis guy says that those components are obsolete.

How can I move ahead with setting up NWDS to work with the web shop?

Are there new software components that we are supposed to use?

Are we supposed to use these ones anyway?

I have not found updated documentation.

Thanks for your time,

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Can you please clarify here that you are upgrading from CRM 5.0 to CRM77EHP3 and your exisiting track of CRM5 has been upgraded. Is this the case? or you have seprate installation of CRM7EHP3.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

We aren't upgrading the old track, it's a clean install of everything on new machines and I'll have access to both the old and new tracks. I'm working on two machines right now, one with my old installation of NWDS (7.0.09) that points to the old code, old NWDI etc and a new machine with a clean install of NWDS 7.3SP13. I want to set up NWDS with the Java code of the B2B shop of the new install.

Essentially we can look at it as completely new.

Thanks,

P.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Please use the below SCAs for your new track.

SAPCRMDIC

SAPIPCMSA

SAPSHRAPP

SAPSHRJAV

SAPSHRWEB

STRUTS

TEALEAF

Please use the below link for your further help.

https://blog.boris-wach.de/permalink/141

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, our basis guy is looking in to that now.

I'll be back in a couple of hours to update.

Thanks Hamendra!

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Is it working now? Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

We're still working on it; I'll be leaving the site soon and won't be back here until Wednesday of next week. The basis guy will continue his work and hopefully I'll be able to grab the code in to NWDS first thing on Wednesday morning.

I'll update here when I know more.

Thanks again,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for a NetWeaver 7.3 environment you just need for the development track following 3 components

• SAPSHRAPP for 7.3x
  • SAPSHRWEB for 7.3x
  • and if you do not modify the SAP code directly then you might also use CUSTCRMPRJ or your own custom SCA definition for all custom java & JSP files

as result of the dependencies you will also have to import later on following packages in the transport view

• ENGFACADE
  • ENGINEAPI
  • FRAMEWORK
  • FRAMEWORK-EXT
  • SAP-CRMDIC
  • SAP-IPCMSA
  • SAP-SHRAPP
  • SAP-SHRJAV (hint: this one can´t be added to the development track directly to access the source)
  • SAP_BUILD
  • STRUTS 1.00

Except of struts all packages are for the desired NetWeaver Version 7.3x using the same SP

In case you use 7.0x machines, then you need following packages:

• SAPSHRAPP for 7.0x
  • SAPSHRWEB for 7.0x
  • and if you do not modify the SAP code directly then you might also use CUSTCRMPRJ or your own custom SCA definition for all custom java & JSP files

as result of the dependencies you will also have to import later on following packages in the transport view

• SAP_JTECHS
  • SAP_JEE
  • TEALEAF
  • SAPAPIPCJ
  • SAP-CRMWEB
  • SAP-CRMAPP
  • SAP-CRMDIC
  • SAP-CRMJAV
  • SAP-IPCMSA
  • SAP-SHRAPP
  • SAP-SHRJAV (hint: this one can´t be added to the development track directly to access the source)
  • SAP_BUILD
  • STRUTS 1.00

Except of struts all packages are for the desired NetWeaver Version 7.0x using the same SP

Few packages above might be only required if you want to perform specific activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas, thanks for that!

The old documentation says that basis should create a track in the DTR named CRM and import those SC's to it. I should then connect to the DTR from NWDS and import the DC containing the SC's and that's how I get access to the code.

Is that still the case?

Thanks again, that's a great bit of info there!

Patrick.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

That's correct and you will see the track CRM and under this you will see the below

CRM_dev & CRM_con

From Inactive DC take the code from CRM_dev

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the DTR is the repository - the physical storage of your files, but you actually create the development track in the CMS - you very likely never really have to look directly at the DTR screens of the NWDI... better ignore those directly. You will find the "Transport" functionality in the CMS, which does allow you to import SCA files from the local file system (to the DTR). There is a specific directory, where you have to drob all your files and thereafter it will directly show up in the NWDI->CMS->Transport screen on the check-in tab.

- check after import the CBS screen to make sure, that all required SCA files are imported. If not, you will find a lots of broken DCs on that screen for your development track and you have to find out in the log files, which SCA is still missing -

Not sure if your development track is called "CRM" or not, because you can give it any name. Please ignore the <track-name>_con track always (in case you have enabled it in the development track), which is the consolidation step. Gives you the possibility to change code again, but this is not required for almost 99% of the projects - it just makes everything damn complicated if you start also doing changes in consolidation, just use consolidation to import changes from development and to publish them to the test environment - my recommendation: avoid connecting your local NWDS system to consolidation!

You will have to ask your basis administrator to create a user in the UME of the NWDI. I hope the NWDI is setup to operate as SLD or at least operates as slave of any master SLD on another system, because you actually not connecting to the NWDI directly. You will enter the SLD URL in the NWDS to establish a connection hence you will need a UME User also maintained in the SLD, which can be a nightmare as SLD & NWDI do not exactly the same user as well as exactly the same password for both systems. If the SLD runs on the NWDI (slave or master), then both have the same UME hence you will be able to connect without problems if all necessary permissions are granded.

As hamandra already highlighted, go to the developer configuration perspective after you maintained the SLD URL in the NWDS perferences configuration. Press the little gray button "New /Import Development configuration" and connect to your NWDI. A list of all available tracks will show up - your development track will show up twice (development & consolidation). Choose development and import the configuration. Thereafter you can create your local projects using the inactive DCs - they are higlighted in yellow. Yellow are only those, which are defined in the NWDI development track as SCAs to be developed.

Right click on the desired DC to import the project as local eclipse project. THe system will download all code and you can start changing those.

But please keep in mind, a good developer never does change the SAP DCs directly. You should create your own custom SCA definitions in the SLD, add them to the NWDI track and create your own DCs in those. If correctly performed, then you can overwrite & enhance SAP codings on top of the vanilla code and the build process will compile your custom application (for web applications it is a EAR project, which also needs to be a custom DC). You need a little bit knowledge about the build postbuild.vm files to enable a kind of "merge" functionality - some SAP applications can be used as example as they do use that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our basis guy has told me that we have NetWeaver 7.4 and as such this cannot assist us.

Our server is NetWeaver 7.4 SP8 and because of that I'm using NWDS 7.3 SP13. When you said NetWeaver 7.3 environment were you referring to the server (the Web AS side of things) or to my NWDS?

Given that we are running CRM7 EhP3 with the Java being NetWeaver 7.4 are the software components that you've mentioned relevant to us or are there others?

Thanks again,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go back to your basis guy and tell him he should not tell you those stories

Unlike 7.0x, the NetWeaver 7.3 & 7.4 do use the same core - there are just a few extra features on top in 7.4. like for SSO. You can follow the same instructions as i did for 7.3x - just consider to import the SP packages for 7.4. Theoractially you can even import 7.3 and you should not get issues.

NWDI 7.4. can also handle projects for 7.3x & even 7.0x environments. Just for 7.0x environments it gets a bit more complicated as you have to know how to enforce building the code for java 1.4 machines... but using 7.3 or higher, you do not have to consider that and can use the environment as is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, cheers Andreas. That's a lot of info.

Essentially the process doesn't sound different to what we did 7 years ago when we set all of this up for CRM5.0 using the instructions in How_To_Create_Custom_App_ECO5200.pdf.

However, our basis guy is telling us that since we're using NW7.4 system side that he can't use any of this info. Is that correct, is the E-Commerce perhaps not able to be used on a NW7.4 system?

Thanks again for your time and help,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! and please ignore my previous response since you've answered it clearly here

I've let him know and I'm crossing my fingers!

Thanks again,

P.

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Please read note number 1791485 regarding the exact NWDS version you need.

Regards,

Omri

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Please also go through the SAP Note (1737725) and forward this to your basis team as well, as it discussed about release information of EHP3 for SAP CRM 7.0 SP stacks in detail with the reference of many other SAP Notes.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to avoid misunderstandings...

A NWDI system can handle any environment... so if your NWDI is installed using NW 7.4, then it can still build 7.3x and 7.0x environments.

Your development track should import the version depending on the targeted system as it acts like a isolated sandbox. So if you wanna run/deploy SAP E-Commerce on a 7.3 / 7.0x environment, then you import the 7.3 / 7.0x SCA files to your development track and NOT 7.4, just because NWDI runs on 7.4. This way you can´t do anything wrong, especially if you even use the same SP version of your desired runtime environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I managed to have time with the basis guy organised today and we've made some good movement on this. I can now see the code in NWDS, all of the JSP's.

We have a problem with SAP-SHRJAV though, the one that you said

We see that it can't be added, there's a complaint about it not including source.

In NWDS we can't compile anything because libraries cannot be resolved, I see that this is because of broken links to dependencies and all of the broken ones seem to come from SAP-SHRJAV.

I can see that component is active but there's nothing inside it.

I had a look on the CBS at that component and there really is nothing inside of it...

Do you have any idea where we might have gone wrong?

Thanks again for your help and time,

P.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

While creating the project in NWDS, select all the dependent DCs. You can also check or find the missing libraries and then add those libraries to your project.

Please have a look of this blog as it is expaining each and every step bout settling up track and respective SCAs.

https://blog.boris-wach.de/permalink/141

Please go through the below blog as well for DCs addition.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

I think that in NWDS things are set up correctly, the problem is that SHRJAV is not showing any contained DC's. Even in the CBS it shows as containing 0 DC's. That is the component with crm/isa/isacore and many other DC's.

I believe that something has been done incorrectly during the import of that specific SC, SHRJAV.

In our old system (from CRM5.0) I can see that SHRJAV contains 52 DC's, in our new system it's empty.

Is there something special about how SHRJAV should be handled during the set up (server side)?

Thanks again Hamendra,

P.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

As my understanding, you have already checked in the SCA files from Check In Tab in NWDI's CMS. Once you have checked in all these SCA files then you could have imported all these files successfully.

Once you have done the above two activites now check CBS. I am sure all these SCs are build successfully.

SCA (SHRJAV) will also be done under the above activities.

Could you please let me know if my understanding is different.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I don't know how good (or not) that image will look here on the forum but it shows SHRJAV in the CBS; it shows that SHRJAV has no DC's.
In my CRM5.0 install SHRJAV has 52 DC's, including crm/isa/isacore and others that are used as dependencies (used DC's) from other DC's (crm/home/shr/ext for example).
Is that component supposed to be empty now? Are the used DC's somewhere else? That would surprise me.

I'm really grateful for the time you've spent with me on this, Hamendra. Thank you,

P.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Can you please ask your basis team to download SHRJAV again and Check In in NWDI and reimport it again. After import please also ask to check the log as well.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

All looking good now, I've created the custom shop project, deployed and can access it.

Thanks for all of your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have a similar requirement wherein we have to upgrade B2B Webshop from 5.0 to 7.31.

Can you please share the list of activities performed by your BASIS and the Developers.

And how did you move the custom code from the old version to the new one?

Thanks

Harshmeet

Answers (0)