Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Business place from Plant assignment

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a new plant by copying the existing plant. Business place assignment also got copied from existing plant. I don't want business place for my new plant.

I tried searching the Business place/Plant assingment in SPRO, eventhough there are many places (under Enterprise structure, Financial Accounting and Cross application components) we have this assignment, i couldn't see my new plant in any of those places and i am not sure how to remove this assignment. Can you please help me here?

Regards,

Prabu

22 REPLIES 22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

KIndly check in SPRO--> Cross application componants--> General application function--> Business place--> Activate business place/ Assign business place to plant.

Kindly let me know if in case any query.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prabu,

Kindly deactivate the same through below path

SPRO - Cross-Application Components - General Application Functions - Business Place - Define Business Places (and) Assign Business Places to Sales Offices (and) Assign Business Places to Plants.

Also check the same under

SPRO - Financial Accounting (New) - Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) - Tax on Sales/Purchases -  Basic Settings - India (if any business place assigned)

Also check country specific Business Place.

Regards,

Karna J

kailas_bari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

Kindly deactivate the same through below path.

SPRO--Financial Accounting (New)--Financial Accounting Global Settings (New)--Withholding Tax--Extended Withholding Tax--Basic Settings--India--Define Business Place/Assign Factory Calendars to Business Place/Assign Factory Calenders to Section Codes.    

Regards,

Kailas

0 Kudos

Hi Priti/Karna/Kailas,

Thanks for your reply, i have checked in all the given paths, i couldn't find my plant in any of these places. Not sure if there is some other settings.

Regards,

Prabu

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still the issue is not resolved, does anyone have any clue how to remove the business place from plant?

Regards,

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

share  the  screenshot  where  you think  its  coming .so  according to that  will  give the  information .

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a new plant by copying the existing plant. Business place assignment also got copied from existing plant.

How do you state that Business place assignment also got copied? Is it some transactional data where you are getting this Business place. please attach screen shots for showing the relation.

Regards

Binoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

First let me know what is the issue that you are facing.

Have you checked in the above mentioned nodes for business place & plant assignment.

If your assigned this business place for taxes postings(J_1IT030K_V settings). The check in the billing document from the new plant what is the tax code is being used in the tax condition records.

If the same tax code is being used in both the plants then try to create one new tax code & assing the same to the condition records of the new plant. Check the same.

Or Mention clearly that what issue that u are facing because of this assignments.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found a note which explains "Business Place". It states to define Business Place in Table J_1BBRANCV and assign it to plant in Table J_1BT001WV. Both tables can be maintained through SM30.

Check if it is relevant.

Refer Note.

- MM Customizing for VAT Solution - India Stage 0 TO Stage 2

Regards

Binoy

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil/Binoy/Hemavanth,

Thanks for your reply, so far i haven't faced any issues in my testing, still the config is not moved to production. But my point is, i don't want business place to be assigned to my plant. I see the assignment in T001W table and no where else, so basically i am trying to remove the business place from T001W table.

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

Just go into SM30 and select table J_1BT001WV and select "Maintain". You can remove the Business place assigned to your plant. Then save it.

Try and let us know.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

I could not see my plant in this table, but still in T001W table i can see the business place for my plant.

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos

I am able to remove it in my system. Please try to maintain first whatever Business Place seen in T001W Table and save it. Try and let us know.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

I couldn't even add the business place to my new plant. New entries option is disabled in the below path..

SPRO--> Cross application componants--> General application function--> Business place--> Activate business place/ Assign business place to plant.

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

Just go into SM30 and select table J_1BT001WV and select "Maintain". First try to assign the Business place what you can view in T001W assigned to your plant. Then save it.

When I remove it from J_1BT001WV it is removed from T001W table also.

Try and let us know.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

Sorry for the delayed response, even in SM30 i don't see my plant in this table and there is no option to add new entry, i see option only to edit the business place for the existing entries.

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos

Try to maintain your plant in SM30 with the current Business place and save. ce saved try removing the Business Place only from the table.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

As i mentioned earlier, In SM30, i don't see an option to maintain new entry in this table J_1BT001WV.

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos

Which is the country of this plant.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

china.

Regards,

Prabu

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Please refer this note.

- Generic availability of Business Place

In this note it is specified that this functionality is by default applicable only for Brazil, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand,Argentina,India etc and for other countries you can follow this note and configure it seperately.

I think in your case you can follow this note and once you get business place in this table you can remove it from there.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

Assuming the plant used has reference is having a Business place and BP is not active for China in view VIDBUPLA_ACTIVE. Pls try:

1/ to activate BP for CH from  VIDBUPLA_ACTIVE

2/ Remove BP from CH plant J_1BT001WV

3/ revert change from step 1

Regards,MY