cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Alert Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Requirement: In my scenario we are making outgoing call activity to customers for customer satisfaction survey. So while doing call activity with customers if the customer asks to call at for example 4pm ,then say at 3:45pm call centre agent should get an alert to follow up.

what I have done : we have written a class with the logic given. I have created an alert of fact gathering type and assigned the attribute created.

Rule policy: I have left the EVENTS block as blank. Business role: IC_agent.

conditions: blank

Actions: Trigger_alert---and value is the alert id.

But no alerts are getting triggered at 3:45pm . kindly help.

Regards

Shibashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is quite complicated. As soon as there are two types of alerts in IC:

- real-time alerts

- user-triggered alerts

here are my thoughts.

The first type is just a good old one. But they are triggered when the user something does in the system. I mean when he clicks something or navigate somewhere. So this type won't facilitate your requirements completely. Just pretend that the user doesn't do anything for a while and in this period your "15 minutes before" moment comes up.

The second type is quite a new one. They are asynchronous. You can get more info from Asynchronous Processing - Interaction Center WebClient - SAP Library and IC and Communication-Enabled Business Processes - Business Functions for SAP Customer Relationship M.... This type seems to be more promising for your task.

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

With CRM 7.0 EHP3, SP3 there is another option which utilizes the ABAP Push Channel with fallback polling.

Further information:

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

Thanks for your insights ...but sigrid will the system automatically know when to trigger the alerts??

I will read the links provided by you.

However i was even planning to make a custom event in the repository section in spro is that a good idea???

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shibashish,

I am afraid there is no simple standard solution, unless you have CTI attached which will trigger the call at proper time.

We have solved the same task, that you have, with some custom coding and developed kind of ABAP dialer, which utilize the polling SAM mechanism. The callback reminder is then based on dedicated Call List and the dialer just select proper item with a Contact document attached to the Call List item.

If you create a custom event in the repository, it will not help you, I think. You will still need coding, which will actually trigger that event. The event is an anchor, to which you can then attach rule policy evaluation trigger.

Regards,

Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dawood

Appreciate your response.

We are creating outgoing phone call activity based on call list. I need system should throw alert 15min before the follow up date and time of the activity. 

So m i correct that the solution you have suggested will solve my requirement.?? If yes then  can i call you to understand how coding was done better?? Or some other way i can understand what logic was put to develop the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

will asynchronous alert processing help my scenario. Can someone help me with detailed steps.

Regards

Shibashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei

I read the link shared ...could you tell me how to go about it?? Have you used asynchronous anywhere how to set it up??

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shibashish,

What I can say here is: asynchronous processing of alerts in combination with ABAP Push Channels mentioned by should cover your needs. At least you should give a try.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shibashish,

What do you expect from the system if you didn't assign any events within your rule policy? When the system should raise an alert? Rule policy is checked and executed on events in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

could you suggest an event suitable for my case?  I want alert to be generated automatically 15 min before the requested follow up date and time.

Regards

Shibashish