cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Export to Crystal Report File Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! can anybody help me to remove crystal report file from export file format dropdown list.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From a VS .NET app using the CR SDK for .NET, see the following:

In your Preview Report button add the following code:

// set up the format export types:
int myFOpts = (int)(
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.RptFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.PdfFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.RptrFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.XLSXFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.CsvFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.EditableRtfFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.ExcelRecordFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.RtfFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.WordFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.XmlFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.ExcelFormat |
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.ExcelRecordFormat);
//CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.NoFormat); // no exports allowed
//int myFOpts = (int)(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.AllFormats);

crystalReportViewer1.AllowedExportFormats = myFOpts;
crystalReportViewer1.EnableToolTips = true;

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Ludek :I am running in Crystal viewer so That query didn't support for my application. @Abhilash: I update the Java query in the CrystalReportViewer.jsp but it didn't work.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not modify the viewer at all. Even if the jsp worked, first update would break it.

Only way to control these things is via your own app created using either the CR SDK for .NET or the SDK for Java.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am running thru my application, I will get a link like this .Ex. Link : http://192.168.1.78:8090/BOX4RASWebApp/CrystalReportsLandingPage.jsp?CUID=AcTN8ysGaHVOrCSEqPfMsOY&BO... if I Right click and view the source code and got this html code:

If you don't get redirected to the URL you selected (http://192.168.1.78:8090/BOX4RASWebApp/CrystalReportsLandingPage.jsp?CUID=AcTN8ysGaHVOrCSEqPfMsOY&BOHost=192.168.1.70:6400&SendAllParam=n&BOAuthType=secEnterprise), please contact your administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I Right click and view the source code and got this html code: Temporary Page FORM name="selectedDataForm"  method="post" action="http://192.168.1.78:8090/BOX4RASWebApp/CrystalReportsLandingPage.jsp?CUID=AcTN8ysGaHVOrCSEqPfMsOY&BO... 192.168.1.70:6400&SendAllParam=n&BOAuthType=secEnterprise" input type="hidden" name="_SYSTEM_CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS" value="192.1.1.8" input type="hidden" name="_SYSTEM_CLIENT_USER_NAME" value="user1" input type="hidden" name="_SYSTEM_TOPIC_NAME" value="Data_View_dov_t" input type="hidden" name="_SYSTEM_CAPABILITY_KEY" value="283443" input type="hidden" name="_SYSTEM_DATASTORE_NAME" value="ENTERPRISE" input type="hidden" name="_SYSTEM_DATABASE_NAME" value="PSORA" input type="hidden" name="_SYSTEM_DICTIONARY_NAME" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@//ora:1521/psora" input type="hidden" name="User" value="user1" input type="hidden" name="Project" value="Project1" input type="hidden" name="Database" value="PSORA" input type="hidden" name="DBURL" value="ora:1521/psora" input type="hidden" name="Pwd" value="user1" input type="hidden" name="_SYSTEM_ATTRIBUTES" value="code,name,no_of_records,short,org_pro,shift,bottom,high,low,top,center,left,right,discover,remarks" input type="hidden" name="code" value="67" input type="hidden" name="name" value="67" input type="hidden" name="no_of_records" value="0" input type="hidden" name="short" value="" input type="hidden" name="org_pro" value="" input type="hidden" name="shift" value="" input type="hidden" name="bottom" value="" input type="hidden" name="high" value="" input type="hidden" name="low" value="" input type="hidden" name="top" value="" input type="hidden" name="center" value="" input type="hidden" name="left" value="" input type="hidden" name="right" value="" input type="hidden" name="discover" value="" input type="hidden" name="remarks" value="" /FORM SCRIPT type="text/javascript" document.forms['selectedDataForm'].submit(); /SCRIPT H3 If you don't get redirected to the URL you selected (http://192.168.1.78:8090/BOX4RASWebApp/CrystalReportsLandingPage.jsp?CUID=AcTN8ysGaHVOrCSEqPfMsOY&BO...), please contact your administrator./H3

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malik,

There isn't a way to do this inside the CR Designer.

If you're trying to do this to the CR Viewer in LaunchPad, you still cannot choose 1 export format to be denied to be shown to the user. You can set the rights and that will completely set all the export options unusable in the CR Viewer in CMC/InfoView/BI LanuchPad.

To do this, you need to deny the 'Download files associated with the report' right under 'Specific rights for Crystal Report'.

I found this Blog that let's you do just what you want, however requires that you write a bit of code and remove the export options you want via the CR Viewer SDK:

http://scn.sap.com/people/ted.ueda/blog/2010/12/28/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-bi-40--modify-the-...

Please Note that the above resolution is restricted to BI 4.0 only.

If you're on a lower version, then you would need to create your own CR Viewer.

-Abhilash