Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS HOMEPAGE does not show any team info

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing ES/MSS on NWBC  for HTML. I have performed the configurations to enable the orgchart visualization which are:

1. Transfer Standard Organizational Configuration
  2. Maintain Transferred Organizational Chart Configuration

When I am transferring the MSSBIZVIEW standard org configuration, this is what I'm doing:

Upon executing, I get the message 'Configuration moved successfully' but with a strange error exclamation (not sure, if it's actually successful.). Please check the below screen shot:

I have also activated the hierarchy visualization for custom MSSBIZVIEW and checked the structures assigned. Please see the below screen shot for reference:

Structures:

But nothing is visible on the MSS Homepage. Please suggest what am I missing here. The Team information of ESS is working absolutely fine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it same for all the Managers, did you try with some other manager id.

May be see if there are any auth errors in SU53 if not better to debug to see whats going on

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Can't believe that I haven't tried this until you suggested and you know what, it's working like a charm . What could be the wrong with the other manager? I have got that pernr by the function consultant? I have checked the SU53 and everything seems fine.

Any thoughts?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

so its working for the manager now? Can you check if there are chiefs, aftere activating did you invalidate cache in transaction SMICM please click on Goto menu -> HTTP Plug-In  -> Server Cache -> Invalidate Globally) and also typically this issue is due to missing checkbox  property 'Activate Hierarchy Visualization' on next IMG activity, I see this activated. check the report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES and ensure that you take a HTTP trace if this still doesn't work

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhu,

It's working for few managers but not for others. can you suggest what in org. structure should I check for?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u say its working for some other manager?

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

It's working for few managers, but not for other managers. what could be wrong? what should I check for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

take authorization trace once comparing with working managers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also do check the org structure, may be team/reporting employees is not there for him any more.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

For the same manager, I can see the Team Calendar under the ESS. But nothing shows up in MSS. What's missing for MSS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

show the screen once

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Please find the screen shots below:

MSS Home Page for 'the Manager':

Team Calendar for the same Manager:

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

T code SICF

SAP -> PUBLIC -> BUSINESSSUITE -> activate  TM -> ICONS >  activate it .The report RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX will actually buffer the urls of photos so that the team view loads faster in MSS .Even if you do not hold photos the report will buffer the url of default male/female photo(silhouette).run report RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX before photos started working

HCM_PD_ORGVIS_1

HCM_PD_UI_1

HCM_PD_UI_2        Activate this all in SFW5

make sure u can view the photo photos in sap ...in pa30

go to 0AAD upload employee :- and chk below : -

and chk below note also and perform same as per that note:-

1677344 - Poor performance when reading the photo URLs 

If you use the report RPTMC_INDEX_EE_PIC_URL_TO_INDX as a job to update the URLs in the buffer, you must update the index of the table T77TMCPIC_URLS after you execute the report for the first time; this enables optimized data access. You can use the Database Utility tool to do this (call transaction SE11 and choose "Utilities -> Database Utility"). Choose 'Activate and adjust database' with the 'Save data' option.

the above is the information which is there in the note 1677344 ...i think u can achieve it by following  that note or else wait for some other experts reply they might be help u more than me ....after doing all click on refresh button as there in ur screen shot so that it refresh the photos

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

there was an issue and it can resolved with via note 1495311 - Security restriction in the FM: HRWPC_READ_CONTACT_IT0105 Can you ensure this note is implemented first? also check again entries via report RP_CHECK_LAUNCHPAD_ENTRIES

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhu,

Tried implementing the note, but the source code within the system is already different. Opened an OSS. Will keep you posted on the launchpad report.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhu,

Looks like the note is no longer valid. In meantime, we have patched the system and we currently on 607 SP35. The issue still persists. The team calendar is displaying the reportees, but nothing on the MSS Home Page. Could you please let me know, what should I check for the reporting structure in the backend?

Thank you.

indra_dewaji
Explorer
0 Kudos

To make sure your OADP is correct, try to run FM HRWPC_OADP_TEST. If it doesn't show any result, it could be the problem come from your evaluation path. But if it is working, please check SU53 if HR Authorization restrict to read a different position in different org structure. If this also pass, the problem might be from your Hierarchy setting.

Try to refresh on the "MSS Homepage" resfresh button (Top left on the MSS Homepage application) to update manually structure organization if any changes, because it won't reflected automatically.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

The below is the output for HRWPC_OADP_TEST for HIER 'MSSBIZVIEW'.

And, it doesn't seem to be an auth issue. Because, with the same user id it works with one pernr and not the another pernr. I have also tried refreshing the MSS homepage with the refresh button, but no luck.

Can you please let me know how could I check the hierarchy settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure u have made manager as chief in OM level org structure and under him atleast 2 reporting employees are there and then try again

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

What if the manager is not the chief of the particular org. unit but have the reporting structure? Can we still display the reporting structure on MSS hompage?

-Sai

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Any feedback please?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i updated your new thread, You need to tweak your Evaluation path for manager not holding chief position to access team etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we have screen shots from SPRO for org chat visualization for the selection "Maintain Transferred Organizational Chart Configuration"

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Please find it below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it from "Maintain Transferred Organizational Chart Configuration" view ?

You said you have deleted the config in it, can u clear all entries  from maintain transferred

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I have deleted when you suggested. Upon Jwala's suggestion I have transferred that again.

Now, I have deleted them again. Please find the screen shots below:

Still no luck:

What am I missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow this :-

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you clarify one thing?? Should we perform 'Transfer Standard Organizational Configuration' and maintain the transferred charts or not? I have seen few threads removing the entries from view VC_HIER_VIS_C had fixed the issue.

Also, when I am performing the step 'Transfer Standard Organizational Configuration', upon completion I am getting the message in the below format. Does that mean the transfer was successful?

What am I missing? Please suggest.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, I ran the report RP_CHECK_LAUNCHPAD_ENTRIES, and everything looks good.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

Please let me know, whether I have to transfer the standard chart hierarchies to the custom view or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain Transferred Organizational Chart Configuration ....CHECK THIS NODE AND activate the hierarchy visualisation ...tick it and save it ....and can i know in which client ur doing ... i think ur doing it in sand box client

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's the output of RP_CHECK_LAUNCHPAD_ENTRIES:

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur OADP config is wrong ......please check again step by step

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

I have done this several times. Transferred and deleted many times. I have done that once again after your suggestion. Please check the current configuration in the below screen shots:

view: VC_HIER_VIS_C

Former Member
0 Kudos

what u deleted yaar ? you should not delete any thing ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a process you have to run this report from that note

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm referring to the transferred hierarchies in the view 'VC_HIER_VIS_C'. But now, I have transferred MSSBIZVIEW again.

The strange thing is I don't any error on selecting Employees in the drop dowm of the Team page, but there's an error message when selecting Org and Position saying 'No data exists for use xxx in MSSBIZVIEW'.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please let me know what's wrong with the OADP configuration. I have checked the configuration from the link that you have shared above and everything looks as you suggested. Is there any thing else that should I be checking?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the "Maintain Transferred Organizational Chart Configuration" and delete the config which you have transfered, then it will start showing up. May be read the SAP documentation on transfer, you will get more info.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

I did try that with no luck. Any other thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we have the screen shots, also did u click the Refresh button in the app.

former_member190996
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's the screen shot of the Home Page:

Here's the screen shot of the custom hierarchy views:

I have cleared the buffer and changed the G_REFRESH parameter to 0 instead of 7.

Still no luck.