cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling of Products saperately (bought as set)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Please guide on below scenario

Practically we purchase one set of tool & sell it separate as spares...

For e.g.

We purchase T0025 - Product Tool No 25 (Which consist of 4 parts A, B, C, & D)

At time of sale,

• We may sell as one product T0025    OR
  • We may need to sell only A & B to customer as separate spares

Now when we have to perform these steps in system, system doesn't allow to change product at time of sale (shows no A & B stock available)

I'm sure there must some system to do so.

Experts.... Please guide.

Regards

Vishal Kambare

+91 986 725 4565

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_dethg
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As rightly mentioned there is no option available in ByDesign to purchase items as a Kit and then sell them individually. Only sales kit option is available in ByDesign as of now.  I am not aware of any work around for this issues other than the fact that you will have to document the purchase of the Kit items individually.

This feature request has already been discussed with our product planning experts and we have planned to provide this feature in a future release of ByDesign. However this will not happen immediately. This is being planned to be delivered by the end of 2015.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards

Anand Deth. G

SAP Cloud Product Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand.

i will note this, hope November release will have this feature.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

why do you not purchase the spares seperately (technical)? I mean you can purchase ist by supplier in a set but I would reccomend to put it in ByD in different positions to have differet stocks and more flexibility.

If you do so, you can sell it to customer in a sales kit or in spares.

Best Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

if i purchase as a kit, price for lesser than ordering individual items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you already mentioned this but I don`t mean ordering as individual items. I mean ordering a set by your supplier but put it in different items in ByD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our supplier don't accept such adjustments,

as per their update on this, they release prices item wise,

So if i have four item under one kit & ordered separately then they will charge all four items separately

& if we order only one line item (as KIT) then there will be discounted price.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then I see the follow workarounds...

1. Define a organizational process like this:

a) Purchase a product A (purchasing KIT)

b) After goods receipt do a "Consumption for / Return from a Cost Center" in internal logistics in which you remove stock of purchased product A and add spares priduct B and C

-> To have the possibility in selling you definitely need the spares in stock

2. Develop a form enhancement like this (we did it for selling side before Sales Kit was available):

a) Add to additional fields in purchase order items: KIT_Number and KIT_Description

b) Enhance form that if the custom fields are filled, the following items/products will not printed but insteat custom fields will be printed

Example:

Purchase Order:

Item NrItem DescriptionPriceQuantityKIT_NumberKIT_Description
12345Product A10024711Product ABC
13452Product B3002
15676Product C502
67890Product D40014712Product DE
78654Product E301

Output on form:

Item NrItem DescriptionPriceQuantity
4711Product ABC4502
4712Product DE4301

3, You can also develop a SDK solution but regarding the planned feature of purchase bundles I think it is oversized.

Best Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

There is no such process of creating a Purchase kit in the system.

Suppose if you have created the Sales Kit in the system. Then if you do a MRP, the system will create purchase proposal only for the items below the Sales Kit and not for the Kit.

There is a workaround but needs lots of input for the same. If required please revert me on the same.

Regards,

Samraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samraj,

Can you please send me details.

i need this scenario in my case.

thanks

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samraj,

can you please share me workaround to get it done??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.........

any help on query???????

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to solve this using a sales kit.

Renumber the T0025 into a Sales Kit, let's call it T0026. Set the list price for the kit as a whole.

Under T0026

-A

-B

-C

-D

When you sell a T0026 sales kit all of the items listed below it will be shown automatically on the quote, sales order and packing list. The price of the sales kit will be the only price shown. The inventory will be decremented upon shipment.

When you want to sell A or B or C or D as separate items you can put those onto their own line item in the Sales Order. Their corresponding prices will be shown.

We use Sales Kits for several items so I know this works.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm aware about this sales kit but can we use it for purchasing also??

Because if I get complete set from supplier, it get it at cheap rate.

So buying set & selling it as separate spares is what I'm looking for.

Many Thanks for reply Jim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested this briefly.

You can use the sales kit for purchasing but the sales kit items are not shown on the PO.

Only the top level sales kit number is shown on the PO.

So, you buy the sales kit at the 'top level' from the supplier showing no detail for the top level item. You sell the sales kit to customers and the top level but all of the underlying detail gets displayed on the documentation.

From your description it sounds like this process might work for you. If you haven't figured it out yet you cannot convert an existing part number T0025 into a new sales kit. You have to start with a brand new number like T0026 or T0025-1.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Can you give me any document?

As you said purchasing kit is possible, only top item will be displayed...

as a query, at the time of GRN, will system allows me to GRN kit items also???