cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Escalations going right away - ERMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

We have configured ERMS to escalate mails to manager if they were unattended for 48 hours, we followed the steps from the thread 1091860   and also the best practises. The problem is that Escalations are going to the managers RIGHT away when the mail is sent, they are supposed to go after 48 hours if not attended.

I've seen that the thread which I referred to quite old, so i am kind of thinking that there may be some new fixes for this issue. we are on CRM7.0 EHP1

Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Aj,

After implementation of SAP Note 2121022 E-mail Escalation not working in ERMS, due date and escalation date/time will be determined well even there is no entry in  Interaction Center WebClient  Agent Inbox  Settings for Asynchronous Inbound Processing  Define Receiving E-Mail/Fax Settings  .

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sig,

I have a problem and I hope you can assist me

I have configured erms escalations as set up in the blog.

The thing is the workflow seems to say the step has happened but I don't receive a notification email?

I have checked SOST but no mails are queued.

Hope you can help

Regards

Tony

Please see snip's....

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aj,

We have recently updated SAP Library with all steps, you might check

Defining E-Mail Escalation - E-Mail Response Management System - SAP Library

Actually, the time when the escalation time is the mimimum of

1. Service Level Agreements
  2. Rules and ActionsDefine a rule in the CRM WebClient user interface and use the Set Attribute Value action with the Response Time Duration attribute.
  3. E-Mail AddressesDefine the escalation time period for each receiving e-mail address in the SAP menu by choosing Interaction Center WebClient  Agent Inbox  Settings for Asynchronous Inbound Processing  Define Receiving E-Mail/Fax Settings  .

If you use method 2 (property of service UT_ESCALDETERM) to determine escalation time it determines the minimum duration out of all methods (SLA, rules and actions, and e-mail addresses).

In case the customizing in Interaction Center WebClient  Agent Inbox  Settings for Asynchronous Inbound Processing  Define Receiving E-Mail/Fax Settings  is empty, the escalation date = system date and the escalation E-Mail is sent immediately.

Can you check your customizing if this is the case?

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Thanks for you reply.

We have maintained the necessary customization as per SAP Help Documents, In the Help Doc:

Maintain a response profile and assign a response time. For Name of Duration, select Duration Until First Reaction. The response profile is associated to a service contract.

In our Case, there is no service contract, we are trying to escalate the mails in IC to the respective manager if they were not addresses in 48 hours.

in the reply, you are mentioning about the below path, could you be specific on what entries need to be made for escalation part??

customizing in Interaction Center WebClient  Agent Inbox  Settings for Asynchronous Inbound Processing  Define Receiving E-Mail/Fax Settings

Thanks

Aj