cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load transaction data from ECC to BPC 10.1 using US GAAP starter kit SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to understand a bit more the process to load transactional data into BPC 10.1. We have US GAAP Starter Kit SP 3. Below is an screenshot from the config guide:

It explains how transactional data can be extracted from ECC system to the SAP Netweaver BW data source 0FI_GL_10 and then transform it
to get it loaded into BPC. The Objects /PKG/FC_C01 and PKG/FC_DS01 are just mentioned here as reference because they come in the RDS for Financial Close and Disclosure Management, which not all companies have.

I believe the upwards data flow should be from Data Source 0FI_GL_10 to Data Store Object 0FIGL_O10 and then to InfoCube 0FIGL_R10. There is also a data flow that goes from 0FI_FL_10 to InfoCube 0FIGL_R10. Can anyone with experience with US GAAP starter kit answer this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kristina_henn
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

the Rapid Deployments Solution for Financial CLose and the US GAAP Starter Kit are the same thing. The diference is the intergartion objects in BW that are delivered as an BW add-on. This add on contains all relenat mapping for US GAAP. If you have any further issues please open a ticket on component SVC-RDS-EPM and one of our experts will get back to you.

Best regards, Kristina

Package Owner for Financial Cloase and Disclosure Management RDS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we were able to load actuals to our environment with the US GAAP Starter Kit, SP03. I followed the Operating Guide document up to section 5.2 and ran the Consolidation Data Manager Package with no issue. We are using the A20 Input  and A20 Consolidation process flows based on flows F00, F10, F20, F30, F99,  etc... According to the documentation, the Statemnet of Cash Flow and Changes  in Equity should be automatically calculated and available from the changes
in Balance Sheet accounts once Consolidation is completed . However, when I  ran the corresponding reports, they bring no data.

We loaded actual  data for the whole 2013 and Jan 2014. Our intention is
to run the first  consolidation for Jan 2014. The closing balance for period 12.2013 in flow 99  was copied to flow 00 2014 (opening balance). Flows 20 and 30 were updated with the corresponding balance sheet movements (increase/decrease), according to the delivered controls in the starter kit. However, cash flow is still showing no results.

I found the following text in the operating guide,  but I am not clear if I am missing a step. Can you please clarify? This is  telling me that I need to copy my 01.2014 opening balance (F00) to 12.2013  closing balance (F99, which is done by the copy opening data manager package, but in the opposite direction, from Y-1 F00 to Y F99) and in addition to also copy that balance to 12.2013 F00 (previous year  opening balance)??

"5.2.2 First Consolidation
When operating the  consolidation for a given Scope for the first time in the application, it is  necessary to populate and process the prior year-end time period for this Scope, in addition to the first required consolidation period. This is because the flows dedicated to the scope change analysis are properly populated by the consolidation engine provided that at least one automatic journal entry has been detected in the consolidation used as opening consolidation, which by default is the prior year end (December, Y-1). To accomplish this, it is recommended that you copy all input-level opening data of the first required consolidation (flow “F00”) into the closing data  (“F99”) and opening data (“F00”) of the prior year-end time period, including intercompany breakdowns.
This breakdown by intercompany in the balance  sheet triggers automatic eliminations, which are carried over to the closing position. After the consolidation process, the closing data of the prior year
end time period will contain the appropriate source data for the opening data of the following consolidation, notably the opening automatic journal entries.

nika_sun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear customer

In your case you don't need perform these steps.

These steps (copy  F00 01.2014 to F00 and F99 01.2013 )are needed only when you want to consolidate first in 2014.01 without doing the consolidation for 2013.12.

To have a consolidation with correct flows, we always need to
have a closing balance in the previous year.

So 2 options:

-loaded data on pevious year , in your case 2013 data. (Which you have already done)

-If you do not want to run the full consolidation
process for 2013.12, a shortcut is to input data in 2014.12, copy the opening
balance of 2014.01 to 2013.12, and then run the consolidation of 2013.12.

Doing so, you have the consolidated closing balance on 2013.12
and the consolidated flows on 2014.12 are correct (including scope variation
flkows).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nika for your reply.

We already have the closing balance of 2013.12 in flow F99 coming from actuals load. The opening balance of 2014.01 (F00) is equal to the closing balance of 2013.12 (F99) and of course, the closing balance of 2014.01 (F99) is coming from our actuals load as well for this period.

If I understand your reply correctly and the explanation in section 5.2.2 of the operating guide, I must have 2013.12 numbers consolidated to do my first consolidation for 2014.01. 2013.12 will become my opening consolidation, which will have "at least one automatic journal entry after eliminations get done" for 2013.12. Once 2013.12 consolidation is done, I can then do 2014.01 consolidation, which is going to be my first consolidation. I should then be able to get a Cash Flow Statement and a Changes in Equity Statement, given the fact consolidation for December Y-1 and 2014.01 are done. If this is a correct option, I have question #1) Do I need to copy 2013.11 closing balance (F99) to 2013.12 opening balance (F00) to pass the corresponding data input control for 2013.12? I should be able to do this using the Copy Opening Data Manager Package.

Questions #2) In your second option, you are saying that if I do not want to do the whole consolidation for 2013.12 I need to input data in 2014.12, copy the opening balance of 2014.01 to 2013.12 and then run the consolidation for 2013.12. This looks like a contradiction to me because I still need to do consolidation for 2013.12. Is there a typo in your statement? Why would I need to enter data for 2014.12, if the first consolidation I am trying to do is for 2014.01?

I do appreciate your help, I am just trying to understand the quickets and best option to get this done.

Thanks,

Cesar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to run the Data Manager Package to load transactional data from BW Info Provider using as source the InfoCube FC_C01.However, I noticed an issue with some of our balance sheet accounts accumulated balance.

As an example, one of our Assets G/L account has an accumulated balance of $620K in local currency USD for period 001.2013 in one company code. When I look at the  DSO FC_DS01 0balance for this account and company code, it shows only $589K in the field 0Balance which is incorrect. OSS Note 1002272 refers to missing data when loading from data source 0FI_GL_10. I want to ask if this could be a possible scenario.

This is holding me from being able to reconcile the actual data loaded in BPC and make Assets = Equity + Liability in BPC for this company code. I am using one of the Actuals Control Reports available in BPC to validate the accounting equation.

nika_sun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Cesar

Just as replied in incident, yes you need to make sure BW6 - "6.1 Update datasource 0FI_GL_10" is performed and refer to note1002272 as well.

nika_sun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

Kristina answered that this question that Fiancial Close and Disclosure Management RDS will include in the BPC and ECC integration content, just an add that these content are realized (not only) by the objects like /PKG/FC_C01 and /PKG/FC_DS01.

The traditional data flow you mentioned ( 0FI_GL_10 ->0FIGL_O10 ->0FIGL_C10 )

is only for financial data reporting purpose which can not be directly comsume by BPC, for example 0FIGL_C10 is on operational account level, but consolidation is based on group chart of account .Another example is, each transaction data has it's own movement type, we need to map the movement type to BPC Flow for consolidation.Not only these two,but all these integration requirements are different from traditional data flow, with /PKG/FC_C01 AND /PKG/FC_DS01 etc. the package will help user ease their additional work on integration,hope this can answer your question .

Regards

Nika