cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LSO - What is the function of Web link

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created web link at backend and nothing appears in front end but in backend I can view the web preview, unfortunately I'm unable to view it at front end

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sharon_Newton
Explorer
0 Kudos

If you wish to view the web link as content (and have them receive credit for it once completion is confirmed), you should use the Static Delivery Method.  This will allow you to create the link as content and then view it as content once you have booked.  There is no progress tracking using this method but it is useful if you have a lot on content that is not SCORM/AICC compliant (e.g., .pdf documents or .ppts.)

As Harshal notes above, the Web Link is only for 'informational' links. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weblinks are displayed on the Course page within Training Home Page.

You can configure them in IT1061.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Even I had the same query since long time.

Weblink (Infotype 1061) lets you create links from course types, courses, and locations to Portal.

You can display URL addresses that are linked to a course or course type with the function Display course/course type from the Web Link infotype.

The preview is seen in R/3, You may ask your EP Portal guy / ABAP for enhancement . But it was not so easy for me and we convinced our client saying only weblinks will be available for those courses in portal .

Regards,

Niladri