cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Sales Order: Delivery can't be Billed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There're two line items in a sales order. One has price and the other doesn't. So the sales order is incomplete.

I can create delivery for that line item which has price. But this delivery can't be billed with an error log: the sales order is incomplete so billing cannot be carried out.

I did want to bill for that delivery because its line item has price, even though the sales order is incomplete. Can this problem be solved? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Kelly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Please check the assigned Status Group for the respective field.

Modifying the Status Group for that particular field, by defining which functions can be executed (Delivery, Billing etc.) shall allow you to complete your Billing. You can do this based on the demand/justification of your Business scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also am having issue with this standard process.  It hurts us the most when we need to create billing documents as official documents for transportation.  The order could contain many line items without issue and are ready for delivery, but one item could hold up the billing document.   From a business user perspective, it should simply be treated as an unconfirmed line to enable the rest of the order to complete.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with you - for many customers this just makes no sense whatsoever. As I've noted, ideally this should be made customizable, so that the customers could choose whether they want this process or not. It really shouldn't be so difficult to implement, from what I see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try after removing the incomplete procedure in your sales document type 

remove tick " incomplete messages" in your sales document type then it will not show the incomplete error, later you can create delivery and billing without any error.

Hope this will solve the issue....

Thanks,

Anil.G

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clarify the below points

1.what kind of 2nd line item it is?(value/Text/Free)

2.what is the business requirement  not to maintain the price for 2nd line item in sales order.

please clarify.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a standard functionality, there might be a note explaining this but I'm not 100% sure. We are running into this issue periodically - just frequently enough for the users to forget that it's how it works. As mentioned, the workaround is to reject the "trouble" line, bill the remainder and then un-reject. It is very confusing though and not intuitive since delivery is billed, not the order.

I'm pretty sure SAP could solve this if they wanted or at least made it easily customizable. E.g. some customers that have a lot of dependent items (e.g. free goods, volume discounts, etc.) might want to keep this check but some might opt out. I'm guessing that "best practice" here is that incompletion should be avoided in general and maybe items that are delivered at different times shouldn't even be in the same order. But in many scenarios this is just not always feasible or needed.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kelly,

The thing you have encountered is strange to me!

The line item with price is complete, so there should not be any problem is process it further i.e. delivery, PGI and billing.

In VA03, when you check Incompletion at sales order (header) level, what is the system showing?

exactly what is incomplete? paste that image here.

TW

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from the other solutions proposed, I recommend having a separate item category for the items without pricing. In the item category configuration, the pricing can be switched off, so that the system may not look for pricing. The user can manually select this item category in the sales order, when processing the items that are without pricing.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

I like your idea! It will take time and effort to setup this configuration of new item category but before that the OP should invest more time in understanding the business processes / scenarios and conclude if this is necessary?

added: if indeed a new item category can be created, the billing relevance can also be kept blank, so that there is no scope of creating billing document for this line item.

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added:....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to check your incompletion procedures at header and item level.

regards.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For billing system checks completion status of document. Either you have to reject the line item which is incomplete or you have to add your own logic in copying routine so that system could check line item wise completion status.

Thank$