cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Customer Credit Limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to restrict the issue of invoices to the customers if their credit limit is exceeded by the amount of invoice issuing.

I tried to do this by specifying the "credit limit" in Customer Credit Management Change (FD32) screen.

However, system allowed to issue the invoice exceeding the specified credit limit.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't it a bit late in the process? I mean blocking the order and blocking the delivery is something to be considered if the limit is exceeded, but not billing him for already send items sounds, a bit strange to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks... I didn't thought of that.

So what is the best point to block.. is it at the time of creating the order or at the time of delivery.

And how to enable the block

As per my companies practice, I think it is better to enable the block at the time of delivery.

former_member688551
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Is your  credit management configuration is in place ?

You can also block it by selecting the credit block field from fd32.

Regards,

Sunil

former_member688551
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Another solution would be to block the customer at sale org level by VD05.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is up to your company when they want to do the check, we do it at order entry AND at delivery creation since a dept can become due between order entry and delivery. Further you can receive many more orders which could lead to extra production. Finally you are sitting on all the material if the check is only carried out at delivery creation time.

The customizing for the credit limit is under the SD path. you define the checks and allocate them to the order and delivery types where you as well define if you get warnings or errors.

But this should be discussed in the SD space.