Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Line Issue in BOM in Discontinuation Set-up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

Please could you advise?

We have experienced on a few occasions an issue with the Discontinuation Data in the BOM, specifically with the Item Line (structure POSNR) not being registered in MRP after the removal of the old pack material from the BOM, in a run-in out scenario. We have linkage with APO though the material in question is packaging that is planned through MRP.

After the old packaging item has been removed from the BOM, when production planning create a new plan the new packaging item fails to create demand and purchase requistions after the MRP run. Production Data has been re-dated to capture change via a change master number.

Could you please help how to resolve this issue, to get demand on new pack material and prevent  a re-occurence when duplicate Item line numbers exist for follow-on effective out date materials.

Many thanks for your assistance

Regards

B.Rota

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap User,

I do not have a solution but I know how to solve your problem with a work around.

What you need to do is to refresh the line Item number for the new material, once the old material has run out remove this from the BOM.

Then on the new material, remove this also. Then add the new material back into the BOM again with a different line item number, then refresh with a MRP Run, you will then be able to see the demand, and Purch Req will be created.

Please try this and let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Colin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Ullah, this has worked, new material demand can now be seen in MRP.