cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're using BPC 7.5 MS and on patch level 111.02

There's two front-end servers and one back-end.  we have about 100 users but concurrency is likely in the 50 range.

We've been running extremely well for about 4 years but are now starting to run into problems.

There are about 5-6 applications but none greater than 10 million records.  We optimize regularly.

However over the past two months admin processes seem to take a lot longer.  Optimization now times out after about 1.25 hours and none used to take greater than 15 minutes.

Today after processing dimensions we checked the application status and we were not able to check if it was available or not.  We got a pop up box saying

conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid

I've processed dimensions and applications since and still this error persists.

We're attempting a reboot to see if that helps but I've never seen this before and in combination with the slower admin processing I'm wondering if there's something drastic going to happen.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

for the poor performances you have to check the guides about performance on bpc if you have scheduled regurarly optimize during day and night (just verify that never factwb reach 50.000 and fac2 500.000 records) maybe you need to change some parameter on the server as MaxThreads.

For the conversion string error on admin console see please this note 1803092 - Set application set status error

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Roberto, that fixed our immediate problem.

I'll continue to look into the performance issues but the # of records limit has never been a problem before.

Answers (0)