cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ function for Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to BRF+ Engine to define the validations and derivations. I have a requirement to do certain validatins for an entity type. I could create a CHECK function for this entity type with the naming convention as CHECK_ENTITYTYPE. I could see in the BRF+ CHECK function, there is a provision to include only RULESETS. I have a requirement to do validations against certain data base tables for the same entity types. I created data base look up tables for this.

Please guide how to include data base look ups and the formulas for the entity type in the CHECK function of that entity type.

Thanks,

Sapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, the BRF+ function should be CHECK_<entity name> and DERIVE_<entity name> all in upper case.

Now, with regards to your question, you can create "DB Lookup" expression to find values in a DB table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have followed the same naming convention as you described.

I created a DB look up expression as well to validate the values

My doubt is how can I add this DB look up expression in the CHECK_ACCOUNT function.

ie. how can I add context "ACCOUNT" to the DB look up expression.

Please advice.

Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

you add account as an object in the function's signature (the object should already exist in the brf+ application; don't create a new one). then, you create a rule set. inside the rule set, you create rules. the fact that account is in the signature of the function will make it available to the rule set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna

Please brief your requirement by providing more details to it.

Also please refer How to Check or Derive an Attribute Value in MDG using

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I have already gone through the document. I am having an idea how to create CHECK function and DERIVATION functions with rulesets. I have a requirement to validate Account Group field in Account Master using SKA1 data base table. I can create a data base look up table to validate the Account Group field.

please guide me how can I add the Data base look up table in the CHECK_ACCOUNT function created for Account entity.

Thanks,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna

Are you want to make account field as mandetory? If yes then do it in attribute section