cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS New DC - Grey on Context Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings:

Can someone please be of assistance with an issue I have run into as follows?

1) I imported a development configuration into NWDS.

2) when i right click on the custom SWCV to create a new DC.

3) the context menu is greyed and this was not the case initially when I setup the track.

I read several posts and notes that talks about the technology component not being available and the track under JSPM control, but I am not sure if either is my case. I am attaching screenshots of his this problem looks in NWDS.

DC creation is grey:

Modification is set to: No

Thanks,

Travis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jun:

What I meant to say .... There is only one track at the moment, so I am not sure what other configurations can be imported. The import wizard prompted me for _cons and _dev and I selected "_dev" from the  development configuration.

To your point, I am not sure why the urls are not showing..

-Travis

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in NWDS, in the Component Browser there is a dropdown that is perhaps set to "All" in your case.

Could you please change it to Inactive ?

The SCs on which you can create DCs should be yellow coloured and not blue.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin:

Many thanks as the problem was related to adding my custom SWCV as "developed" in CMS and now I am able create DCs.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"this was not the case initially when I setup the track."

what is the case when you initially have?

the url for the inactive and active source should be there

are you sure you imported the correct development configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jun thanks for your response. When I first setup the track and imported it, I was able to create a DC. The next day, other developers alerted me that the development configuration was greyed out as to why I am puzzled.

Great point about the active and inactive url(s). There is only one track at the moment, so I am and I am being prompted to log onto both SLD and CMS to import the development configuration.