cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS and Audit DB: DBA Tips

cbethune
Participant
0 Kudos

Anyone seen any good blogs, whitepapers, or other info on tuning the CMS and Audit DB?  I am looking for info on things a DBA should consider in keeping the DBs in tip top and good performing shape.  For example, is there ever a reason to partition tables?  When does it make sense to run statistics, if ever?  What settings would optimize thruput?  High availability considerations?  Basically, the types of things a DBA should consider in a large enterprise environment for a BOBJ system that has been running for years or will be running for years?  As a consultant, we usually set our customers up and then we rarely revisit this sort of topic.  It says something for the stability and design that it rarely needs consideration.  But it would be nice to have some valid and vetted sources of information to educate DBAs tasked with keeping these databases in top shape.  Its simple to say that you would do the same things you would do for any other database but when you consider an encrypted CMS, etc. its not necessarily clear what is safe and what is not safe in this department.  Also, what you as DBAs (if looking) do to keep an eye on things and make sure I/O is ok, you give enough threads, account for growth and increased usage, etc.  I can certainly come up with some basics but I have decided to open up a discussion to see what others are doing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris

Did you find some tips on your own?

cbethune
Participant
0 Kudos

I never did find anything.  Just been going with database best practices by vendor and doing thorough testing.  Something CMS database specific would be very helpful.  I am concerned about indexing, partitioning and such things not reacting well to the encrypted data.