cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.1 MDM system, Admin user is getting locked automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I try to connect to MDM repository through MDM console once the MDM server is UP, with User ID: Admin, system is not taking the password which I normally use.

Secondly, Admin user is getting locked forr the very second attempt. I have also tried to login with mdmadmin with custom password and not with initial password even this ID is getting locked.

The reason I'm trying to login is, once the MDM server & Import servers are up. After few minutes, MDM server is going Down Automatically and I have no clue why it went down, pl suggest in this regards also..

I have below thought to do:

>> change the Admin password with CLIX command as below and see if it works,

CLIX repEmergencyAdminUserSetPassword <MdsHostSpec> <RepositorySpec> <AdminCredentials> Admin:newPass

Pl suggest, if we can go with this or can we have any better way out.

Please help and Thank you in advance.

Regards

Jayanth Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jayanth!

The Admin user cannot be locked. From my experience, whenever this happens usually there is some underlying trouble in the MDS-DBMS communication.

Please check MDS the logs for any SQL or connection errors and try to solve them.

Best Regards,

Carlos Weissheimer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos Weissheimer / Jun Wu,

Here is the log, I have converted the .csv file to .txt. Could you please suggest.

Best Regards

Jayanth Reddy.

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Fix the following error in Oracle:

ORA-28001: the password has expired SRMMDMCAT702Q7J_m000 does not exist or bad password provided

It should be simple, just unlock the SRMMDMCAT702Q7J_m000 user, the password has expired. If you need to change the password, don't forget to follow this note or there will be problems:

#1301276 - How to change the DBMS user password for MDM repositories

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

Can you please check if there's any import / syndication running while you attempt to log-on through console?

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I have just checked, there is no import/ syndication running, infact when I take a restart of application i.e Stop App+DB then reboot of OS n then Start Application, for the first time system is taking Admin Password and showing System is UP for couple of minutes and then the Repository getting Stopped.

Regards,

Jayanth

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

log please