Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components not showing large data

vaibhav_rathore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been trying to fetch the data from HANA in DS 1.4, the data is large almost contains more than 50,000 rows.

When I am trying to add the data source to charts and dimension filter these showing "Too Much Data;Refine Your Search"

I have to work on these two only, how can I make the data visible in components???

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

By the way, have you applied a filter in the Initial View of the data source?  You might have to restrict the result set to a reduced size as a default so that the data source can be assigned to the chart at design time.  Then you would dynamically filter the data source as required at run-time via scripting.

Regards,

Mustafa.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

There are known data volume limitations for universes but based on this Result Set Too Large response from Juan Carlos Velez, HANA result sets should not have any limitations.  Perhaps he can provide some guidance?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been working with HANA data sets larger than 50K rows and Design Studio v1.4 and I haven't experienced these kind of limitations.

Sorry but I can't reproduce this issue.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Carlos,

Thanks for your feedback.  Can you also confirm that you haven't experienced any limitations with BW data sets as well?

Regards,

Mustafa.

vaibhav_rathore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I have been fetching data from HANA live, please suggest how to limit my data size to avoid this problem??

Thanks and Regards

Vaibhav