cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Client: connection lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

How can be SAP configured to retain JCo Client session if the connection is lost?

Please consider the following scenario:

1. JCoDestination is created
  2. a function is called (e.g. STFC_CONNECTION)
  3. as the function is executed (in case of STFC_CONNECTION, a break point should be set to simulate that), the network connection to the server is lost.
  4. the server has completed the execution of the function, we are still offline, JCo Client is still within JCoFuntion.execute() and waiting.
  5. the network connection is restored. If it happens within approx. 15 seconds, the result of the function will be received from server correctly. After a longer period, no result will be received, and JCo will never return from JCoFunction.execute(). At this stage, I would like to receive some kind of exception or be able to receive the reply from SAP Server within up to 5 minutes after the connection loss.

Kind Regards,

m_OO_m

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can be SAP configured to retain JCo Client session if the connection is lost?

Not very familiar with it, but why are you thinking its possible at all? Have seen any clues somewhere? This works usually with assertion tickets if I remember properly and is probably not designed for continuous connection loss or any "offline" functionality

1. the network connection is restored. If it happens within approx. 15 seconds, the result of the function will be received from server correctly. After a longer period, no result will be received, and JCo will never return from JCoFunction.execute(). At this stage, I would like to receive some kind of exception or be able to receive the reply from SAP Server within up to 5 minutes after the connection loss.

Indeed, this is a question of software design. It seems you are aware of you needs and requirements, so Im assuming the answer is simple: if you need custom runtime behaviour on timeouts, you will need to develop such applications on your own, e.g. by implementing own exceptions?

cheers