Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing export control classification not caught as sales order block

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I configured Legal regulation EAR as requiring every product to be relevant for checks.

I have a material which has not been classified for EAR. I used this material in sales order with domestic sold-to and international ship-to but the sales order is not blocked in GTS, can you please let me know if I'm mising any settings?

This looks like a standard SAP issue but I wanted to validate it first by seeking opinion from this group.

Regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes, all Products are relevant for checks, but only if the checks are relevant!

In this case, it seems you have not opted to check domestic shipments.  Under the configuration to "Activate Legal Regulations", you should choose option 4 "Check: Dispatch/Export (Including Domestic)"

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Your prompt answer to help the community is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

How does the system determine whether it is an export or not? I mean what partner function (sold-to, ship-to, bill-to, payer) is looked at?

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Now we're into a different question; but ok...

In standard SD processing, Export is generally determined when the country of the Ship-to Party is different to the country of the Shipping Point.  In the GTS code, I think the country of the Plant is used instead, but the results are generally the same.

Regards,
Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Thanks, I agree too, that how it works in SD.

I meant to ask how GTS treats the order as an export? The plant is in the US, sold-to is US, ship-to is SG. To GTS, is this an export?  I understand the setting should catch this combination but would like to better understand.

Regards,

Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

GTS will consider (in turn) any document partners that are included in the Partner Schema assigned to the Legal Regulation ("Partner Group to Determine Country of Destination").  In the situation you describe, the check should kick in for the Ship-to, if that Partner Function is included.

Don't forget to tick the check-box "Check all Partner Functions in Partner Group and Document" - otherwise the system stops after it finds a first match.

And make sure that you have mapped the feeder system Ship-to Partner Function (usually 'WE') to exactly the same GTS Partner Function that is included in your Legal Control configuration.

Regards,
Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

I can't find the checkbox. "Check all Partner Functions in Partner Group and Document"

could you please point me to the SPRO node?

Thanks,

Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It's in the "Control Settings for Legal Control".  Ah, but perhaps only in the latest releases.  If you don't have that control, then it might be best not to include the Sold-to Party in your Partner Procedure.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

That was the missing piece of the puzzle. This is a new setting (we were on 7.2 where this option doesn't exist so this is new to me).

Regards,

Satish

Answers (0)