cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columns of Report Getting Merged while downloading as Excel using BOXI 4.1 JAVA SDK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using BOXI 4.1 jars of SDK in our application to extract the BO reports from the BO server.Those jars are mentioned below.

dsws-bicatalog.jar

dsws-biplatform

dsws-common

dsws-publish

dsws-queryservice

dsws-reportengine

dsws-session

While downloading the report into Excel sheet the Columns are getting merged.

Some part of the code is mentioned below.

DocumentInformation boDocInfo = view.getReportEngine().getDocumentInformation(

documentReference, null, null, null, retBOData);

documentReference = boDocInfo.getDocumentReference();

BinaryView boView = boDocInfo.getView();

While analyzing I found that this could happen because of Report header in the excel sheet.

I have checked the solution like use of

BinaryView bview = (BinaryView) WebiDocument.getView(OutputFormatType.XLSDataCentric);   with SDK Rebean.

Please let me know how can I avoid the merging of the columns without Rebean.

In attached screenshot columns P and Q are getting merged.

Thanks,

Niraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP BO Webservices Consumer JAVA SDK jars. Some of them are mentioned above. With these jars with our code we are getting the xsl sheets with merged columns.

We are using OutputFormatType as EXCEL , ViewMode - REPORT and ViewType - Binary and we can not use XLSDataCentric outputFormatType as for that we need to go for Report Engine JAVA SDK jars.

So can you suggest anything with Webservices Consumer JAVA SDK jars to fix this?

BO version is 4.1. Reports are coming correctly from BI Launchpad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are using Web Services Consumer Java SDK of BOXI 4.0 and using this with BO Server 4.

So while trying to download a report in Excel some of the columns are getting merged as attached in the screen shot. And I have mentioned the Jars we are using and code we are using above.

With the same set of jars and without using Report Engine Java SDK how can we fix this issue ?

Please this is kind of very critical Production issue for our team. It will be very helpful if you give me some suggestion early.

Thanks in Advance,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using BO 4.0 or 4.1?

The list of jars to be used can be found from the developers guide available at

http://help.sap.com

Analytics--> Business Intelligence-->Business Intelligence Platform(Enterprise)--> SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1--> Development information

Download the 'Business Intelligence platform Java SDK Developer Guide' as per the product version you are using.

In the guide, you would need to check the section ' JAR files needed for deployment of SAP BusinessObjects software'.

Make sure to use the jars from the current version of your BO instalation.

I would not be able to comment much on this unless I check the behaviour at my end. Unfortunately, I do not have a working environment to test it currently.

If this issue is very critical to you, I would recommend to open a support incident with SAP.

Also check the behaviour when you export the report to excel from BILaunchpad.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Is there a way to fix this issue with current BOXI 4.1 JAVA SDK set up instead of going for REST Full Services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is any solution can you please share that... and which jars other than mentioned jars needs to be added to make it work...

Thanks,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help on this topic. I am facing this issue from long time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

I believe the reports you are using are Web Intelligence reports.

Have you observed the scenario in previous versions of BusinessObjects?

Also can you attach a screeshot of the merged excel file.

I would recommend to go for Restful webservices if you are dealing with webi reports, as it is where most of the development is going to be.

Most of the features from Report Engine and webservices java sdks have been deprectaed from version BI 4.x and has been introduced in the Restful webservice sdks.

There are still few feature available in the Report Engine and webservices sdks, and the implementation you doing is still possible, however its best to explore Restful sdks as it is the future, specifically in terms of web intelligence as of now.

Links for Restful guides can be found at

http://help.sap.com

Analytics--> Business Intelligence-->Business Intelligence Platform(Enterprise)--> SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1--> Development information

Refer to the 'SAP BusinessObjects RESTful Web Service SDK User Guide for Web Intelligence and the BI Semantic Layer' as per your BO product version.

Also you can find related blogs and documents for restful webservices at

http://scn.sap.com/community/restful-sdk/content#filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~ob...

http://scn.sap.com/community/restful-sdk/content#filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~ob...

Thanks,

Prithvi

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

I think so that the recommandation from Prithvi is the best for any BI4 developments around Semantic Layer and Web Intelligence.

Best regards,

Anthony