Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS job went to assigned status

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We recently had an issue where one of the periodic job(which runs every five mins) was in assigned status .It didn't run for one whole day until user identified and reported .After that we re-submitted the job and it started working fine

Could you please suggest what could be reason for a job in CPS to be in assigned status ,where can we check logs.In SAP SM21 i couldn't see any logs

Also is there a way where we can get an alert/notification mail in case a job stays in assigned status or not running

Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the operator messages around the same time.

What version of CPS are you in?

• Was the process server running fine? any other job failures?
  • did the queues have any issues?

If none of the above, it mostly will be a bug, open an OSS message to confirm.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali ,

Please find below some major reasons when such problems are occuring in the system and you have to check live in the system .

1. Check batch processes with in respective SAP system , If all batch processes are used and in running status , then automatically jobs in CPS system went to assigned status.

2. Check process server staus , If its is not in running status or overloaded , then such problems can occur .

3. To check live problem , you can go to status of the job and right click to get explain job staus message and it will explain the reason.

2nd Question : How to detect

Answer : You can create filter for assigned statusand Then you can easily monitor through filter such job status as mentioned in below screen shot.

Hope it will help you to resolve and identfy such problems .

Regards

Gurbakhshinder Singh

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for reply ,i have checked operator messages there was no error reported .

We are on M33.92-68971

Issue was only with one job ,all other jobs were running fine .Thee was no issues with process servers

When does job goes to assigned status ,do you have any information on this

Regards,

Murali

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Assigned status is a pre-running state and the CPS documentation describes it as "the process has been accepted by the Service, but it has not been started yet".

Best regards,

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martina,

Yes, i agree with you. but usally when we schedule the job as per the time stamp it will start
and shows waiting status before complete.

but in this job case instead of waiting it's went on Assigned status.

I have checked all the options like Process server, Queue, everything is up and running.

could you please answer for this.

Thanks

Sharath

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Murali,Sharath,

The CPS build M33.92 is old, i would recommend upgrading to the latest build M33.112.

Have to checked the SAP notes for the next build version? If its a bug, you may find a fix for that in the SAP note.

I also recommend to create a OSS message with SAP.

thanks

Nanda

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

I have checked with SAP they were not able to identify the issue and also suggested that this is not a bug as issue happened only with one job

They have asked to collect more logs when this issue happens again

Regards,

Murali

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

It is hard to tell why this happened ... I assume some timing issue - I have never seen this happen.

Next time you see this, make a backup of your SAP NetWeaver traces asap - these logs are regularly overwritten. Then search the default trace for the "job id" or look around the "originally expected" start time of the job for errors.

SAP support can also use these logs to troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,

HP