cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GLM - Customer Specific Label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My question is pertaining to Customer Specific Label in GLM.

I have one material to which there are 2 labels assigned in material master. One is Customer Specific Label (LB_CUST) and other is generic label.

Now when i am hitting the label tree, it is showing me only a "Generic Label" in Tree. Logically both labels are fulfilling all the required conditions to make them show in label tree

my query/doubts:

SAP has a methodology of "Specific to General"- with this rule, in this case, since customer specific label is exists so label tree should show

either only "Customer Specific Label"

OR "Customer Specific Label" and "Generic Label" but surprisingly system is showing only "Generic Label"

is this a correct way of standard SAP?

In order to check whether i have done a correct set up or not, i have tried by maintaining only "Customer Specific Label" in material master then it works fine in label tree, similarly, then maintained only "Generic Label" in material master then also it works fine in label tree.

can anybody guide me on same?

Thanking You !!

Regards

Amol Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

Did you check the validity area between "Customer Specific Label" and "Generic Label", either at labels assigned in material master level or at the generation variants level if not maintained at material master level?

a. If the validity area is same, then there should be something else which prevents "Customer Specific Label" being listed. Please check if you can find any information in Label determination log.

b. If the validity area is different, check the number of countries assigned to each validity area. I suspect that the validity area assigned to "Generic Label" has less countries than the validity area assigned to Customer Specific Label". Hence,  validity area assigned to "Generic Label" took precedence over the validity area assigned to Customer Specific Label" and prevented "Customer Specific Label" being listed. You can validate it by assigning the same validity area to both labels. If it works fine, then it is issue with the validity area used for both the labels.

Thanks and Regards,

Kannan Veerapandian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kannan,

Thanks a lot for perfect guidance. Appreciate your expertise as understanding of Validity Areas is always a painful area.

Thanks a lot !!

Regards

Amol Joshi

Answers (0)