cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change usage of inherited identifer

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, is it possible to change the usage of the identifier on the specification that's inherited from another specID? I already de-activated the inheritance, but seems on the usage screen, the change button is still disabled. Please help, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John

the inheritance depends on "template". If I rmember correct: only if you have set upproperly the "relationship" with "suitable" inheritance termplate you can "overwrite" on target without the risk that if source changes target will be adapted. But Identifier are some kind of "special" in context of inheritance. Check:

Editing Inheritance Templates - Specification Management (EHS-BD-SPE) - SAP Library

Context: Permitted change options

C.B.

former_member215646
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I think you are on the right way by de-activiating the inheritance relationship. By doing this the identifier (and the usages of the identifier) should be editable again.

Please note that for de-activating the inheritance the "Deact. inheritance relationship" indicator of the inheritance template needs to be set to permit the de-activation of the inheritance relationship.

Best regards,
Andreas

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Andreas, with de-activating, I can edit the identifier itself, but unfortunately if I select the identifier and click on the usage button, it can only display, no idea where I can change it, all buttons for edition are disabled.

Is this the restriction of SAP?