cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid leave deduction separate wagetype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

As of the current scenario in the system, the unpaid leave deduction directly happens from "Basic salary" and there is no separate wage type for it.

I need to create an Unpaid leave deduction wage type through which the deduction can be shown and the amount is not directly deducted from the "Basic salary".

Kindly guide me as to how it should be done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahwish,

Issue faced by you is very commonly faced by lot of consultants. There are number of ways to achieve this solution and all are correct in its own way. There are some suggestions already provided to you earlier one which has not been discussed is this...may be this will help you( this solution has its down side as well but if it suits you, you can go for this).

1. Create a new Absence valuation rule - Unpaid absence in Table V_T554L

2. Assign absence valuation rule to your unpaid absence in Table V_554S_G

3. Create entry in V_T554C Table but make it as paid absence by ticking the box in CC.

4. Enter the WT which you want to output as unpaid absence.

5. Give correct time unit AH- Absence Hours, K -Calendar Days etc.

6. When you run your employee through you will have absence WT generated after function PAB.

7. Write a small PCR after this to valuated the Absence hours by using correct valuation i.e. Hourly rate or Daily rate or daily rate excluding shift allowance etc.

8. Once you have the correct Num X RTE value write another PCR to make this value as a negative value.

Done...... This will save you all the work from Correcting  PC class or Changing Part Period Factor PCR. This is effectively a cheat to make system understand its a paid absence with WT output in Internal table by Function PAB and then subsequently manipulate WT the way you want. You can also display unpaid absence WT in Salary Slip.

Pros: You would get away from changing the PC of your Salary WT (which is a major change and would have impacted all employees and you could go horribly wrong). Plus also changing Part Period factor PCR is a significant change and based upon your config you could impact every single employees pay in your organisation and mistake here could cost you a lot. with this solution you would have the WT in RT so you could decide to do GL reporting should business want this.

Cons: Its effectively a system cheat, by adding this absence as paid absence you would put the days of absence in Technical WT /845. so this would Impact upon your PCR XCHO. Plus based upon your other config this solution might suite you or not suit you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahwish,

This process will become complex. Try to do it in the following way:

1. Assign valuation rule to absence type

2. After Fun. RAB in subschema XT00, create a custom PCR and to query valuation rule

3. Add Wagetype to IT  with NUM = No of absence days, if you find valuation rule in above step

4. Now it is easy to calculate Deduction amount.

Hope it helps..!!!

Rgrds,

Sravan

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This Requirement would be mostly for Middle East

Do you want to show that deduction amount in deduction side?

If you show the amount in deduction side what should happen to Basic pay at
the time of unpaid leave

Please let us know, I have worked on similar scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikinder the requirement is from middle . Below are the screen shots for the PCR's changed. The wagetype is 9APA

cchangedchanged.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently the deduction is happening through Basic pay. The client wants it to happen separately through a wagetype and not from basic pay. I created this wagetype 9APA and deduction is happening through it but the same amount is also getting deducted from basic pay(which should not happen). I had set the PC10 for WT basic as "No reduction" but it is impacting other scenarios like mid month hiring.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to modify to XPPF pcr based on the current scenario with other scenario keeps in mind.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan

Thank you I will do that and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan and Sikindar

Below is the screenshot of the pcr XPPF. The basic pay wagetype's PC 10 is set as 01 "Reduction with factor /801."

Kindly suggest what should be added here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screenshots of other two PCR's i.e ZPP0 and ZPP1 are as follows:

Kindly suggest what should be done. I am new to SAP and handling PCR's for the first time.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In such cases only in case of Unpaid absence you should have this Logic for rest it is should be normal

PRCL 10 will be 1

and that will be processed by PCR XPPF

XPPF

PPPAR U  Unpaid absence

XXXX Logic

*  Else condition

YYYYY Logic

This is Just a Example Just chage the rule for other conidtions other that PPPAR U it will work.

Shabba Kheir

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your pcr in ZPP1,it says that it also calculate based on the PSA and calculate with fix rate. Another thing in the ZPP0 pcr it's mentioned GCY XPP1. I think it would be GCY ZPP1. Please check once with all the three pcr connection XPPF,XPP0,XPPP & XPP1.

Now we will modify in PCR ZPP0 of below section (and for WTYYYY PRCL 10 would be "7").

ZPP0

/801

PPPAR U

Continue in the other logic which is already mention in the pcr.

U

GCY  ZPP2

Now you will copy the ZPP1 to ZPP2 and do the changes in the ZPP2 like below.

ZPP2

/807

OUTWPPLSTC

SOR1

RTE=208

RTE-TSAU**

RTE*KGENAU

RTE/208

ADDWT *

SOR2

Continue

Now after you have to write a below PCR and you will insert this PCR after XVAL pcr in the factoring schema with function PIT.

ZTST

YYYY

AMT=  XXXX   (XXXX is the Basic Wage type)

AMT-   YYYY

ADDWT&ZZZZ

AMT=& ZZZZ

ADDWT YYYY

Check and tell me it's working fine or not.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahwish,

Is it worked?

Regards,

Sankarsan

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahwish,

Your requirement is not clear if you don't mind kindly can you give some more clarity...!

Ur's Mohan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the basic salary wage type maintain PC10 as no reduction. Create a deduction wage type and maintain PC10 as 01.

Write the below two PCR for this.

1. ZTST

XXXX        (Basic wage type)

ADDWT *

AMT=  XXXX

ADDWT YYYY   (YYYY is deductable wage type)

ADDWT *

Insert this pcr in INAP subschema after P0015 function with PIT function.

2. ZTS1

XXXX

ADDWT *

AMT=  XXXX

AMT-  YYYY

ADDWT YYYY

ADDWT *

insert this pcr in INAL subschema after XVAL pcr with PIT function.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan

I have created that wagetype and added it in the PCR and also set the PC10 for basic as no reduction but now what is happening is during mid month hiring when the employee is not paid in the hiring month but in the subsequent month the system is paying that employee full amount of basic instead of reducing its "Basic" to number of days worked in the mid month hiring month. In this case what should be done.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Got it. Do the customization In the INP1 pcr. Make it custom pcr and in the pcr add the below line as

ZNP1

/807

RTE=TKSOLL

RTE*KGENAU

RTE/TKDIVI

ADDWT *

In the PC10 use 7 for basic pay wage type and for the WTYYYY PC10=1.

Check and tell me. Hope so it will work.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you require to generate an Information WT to print on the Remuneration Statement (PayStub) to indicate the value of the lost earnings (how much less Basic Salary the employee earned in the period), or do you require to generate a WT that will have an impact on the Net Pay the employee receives?

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahwish,

I'm fully surprised because that is SAP standard process...!

1. Could you just let us know did you change INP1 PCR ? if Yes for what ?

2. Could you share the INP1 PCR screen shot ?

FYI below is INP1 standard PCR

Ur's Mohan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it's answered then close the thread with correct answer marking.

Regards,

Sankarsan

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sankar

He is working for middle i hope in such case he should work on XPPF PCR and that is right PCR in such kind of scenarios

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for information sir.

Regards,

Sankarsan