cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on parameter length when creating RFCDestinationConfig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm working on a VB.NET Project to connect to SAP using SAP .NET connector (SP14 on Windows X64). After having created the RFCDestinationConfig and trying to perfrom any action on the Destination, I get the following error message:

What I have observed in the debugger is that something is weird with the Connection Parameters (property "Parameters" has 10 Parameters, internal variable "parameters" has 11 Parameters):

Any idea what this might be? My complete Project code is attached as text file.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Werner Buchner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

the issue is solved. I simply activated IPv6 on the network card of my machine (no address assigned through DHCP, just a connection-local IPv6 address). Also, the SAP AS instance does not use IPv6, nevertheless communication through .NET connector is working now..... kinda strange.

Best regards,

Werner

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hynek_petrak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, might be useful if you post also stack/call trace.

Within the GetDestination, you shall make sure that Case Else Return Nothing.

Hynek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hynek,

thanks a lot for the hint. The ELSE branch already returns nothing, and I've also tried to replace the 64bit dlls with the 32bit dlls, but the message persists.

This is the call stack when pinging the connection:

Thanks a lot for your help,

Werner

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Werner,

there has been a fix in 3.0.14 exactly at this point, when using IPv6. This was an ArgumentOutOfRangeException. The text in German could hint to that, but it's not absolutely clear that it's again related to a similar issue. However, you are saying that you already use 3.0.14. Are you using some special address? Have you turned on IPv6 in the environment, but the machine does not have a valid address? Please check whether there could be some issue. In case the failure persists, it might make sense to open a ticket at customer support.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

thanks for the hint concerning IPv6. I checked the situation, and both my development client and the SAP machine do not use IPv6 as a protocol on the network Interfaces. An OS ping to the SAP server also returns an IPv4 Header, and the DNS name resolution in IPv4 also works fine.

The only machine using IPv6 in my environment is a Microsoft Direct Access Server. It's doing a IPV6 to IPV4 translation in case my client laptop is connecting to my corporate network from the outside. But this is not the case in the moment.

Best regards,

Werner