Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSHOST listening port SAP Afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon!

I`ve got a problem.

When I creationg rshost service with dbsvc - it creates service, but it does not listening any port.

What am I doing wrong?

dbsvc.exe -as -s auto -t Standalone -sn RelayServer -w RelayServer "C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server\rshost.exe" -q -qc -f "C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server\rs.config" -o "C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server\log.txt"

[options]

start = auto

verbosity = 2

[relay_server]

enable          = yes

host            = IP host

http_port       = 80

https_port      = 443

description     = Machine #1 in RS farm

[backend_farm]

enable          = yes

id              = afaria

client_security = on

backend_security= on

description     = Afaria Farm (Master + Slave)

[backend_farm]

enable          = yes

id              = enrollpackage

client_security = on

backend_security= on

description     = Afaria Enroll + Package Server

#-----------------

# Backend servers

#-----------------

[backend_server]

enable   = yes

farm     = afaria

id       = id1

mac      = mac1

token    = 123

[backend_server]

enable   = yes

farm     = afaria

id       = id2

mac      = mac2

token    = 456

[backend_server]

enable   = yes

farm     = enrollpackage

id       = Enrollpackage

mac      = mac3

token    = 789

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please share the C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server\log.txt

so we can see what the error is

1. First comment start = auto by doing this #start = auto

2. Restart the service and share the log.txt file

Note: When you stop the service make sure there are not other rshost.exe instances are running.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning!

Here is log file, but I don`t know. how could it be usefull(

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Can you please translate "Íîâàÿ çàïèñàííàÿ êîíôèãóðàöèÿ â ñîâìåñòíîé ïàìÿòè" ?

Since you mentioned the ports are not listening, I wanted to check if the ports are binded in IIS. In IIS, select your Relay server app i.e ias_relay_server ->  Click on Browse apllication for http and https from right pane. You should have port 80 and 443 configured here.

Thanks,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon!

These lettres mean something like "new configuration in memory", I don`t know, how would it be in english version of Afaria.

Image 146fb-clip-36kb.png

Do you mean, that I must have 80 and 443 ports here?

Could you help with manual, where I could get info about this step?

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Please confirm below:

1. Ensure that the Relay Server Service is run by an account that is member of the local Administrators group.

2. Ensure there is only a single instance of the rshost.exe is running in the memory.

3. As Ali mentioned please comment start = auto line in the RS.config file by doing this #start = auto. Then please restart the service and share the log file.

Thank you,
Sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey

You actually set up the environment expecting the Relay Server to listen to ports 80 and 443.

http_port       = 80

https_port      = 443

When we talk about what ports the Relay Server listens to, what they are, essentially are the ports the IIS Web server (or in some cases, the Apache Web server) you configure the Relay server to work with,

That's all the ports that the rshost side need to listen to.

Now, on the other side you have got some RSOE instances (you need at least two) to work with the Relay. If you add the RSOE processes and what sort of logs are observed when things are not working we'll get a better picture of what does not work. So, the RSOE command including parameters would help a lot here too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my command:

C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server> .\dbsvc.exe -as -s auto -t Standalone -sn RelayServer -w RelayServer "C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server\rshost.exe" -q -qc -f "C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server\rs.config" -o "C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server\log.txt"

May be it is mistake somewhere here?

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If your problem is still the same, that there is nothing listening on the port on the Relay Server, then your problem is with your IIS. If you mean that you cannot connect to the Afaria backend server from the browser, then the problem appears to be with your RSOE.

Relay Server does not listen on its own, but uses IIS or Apache (on linux) to listen/receive commands. There is a component which should be installed on your Afaria server, which opens a connection from the backend (Afaria) server to the Relay Server. I do not see these connecting to the Relay Server in your log. Have you also done the configuration of the RSOE on the Afaria server?

As a test, you can start the RSOE from command prompt like this:

<PathToRSOE.exe>\rsoe.exe -id Enrollpackage -f enrollpackage -t 789 -cs "host=127.0.0.1;port=80" -cr "host=<RelayServerIPAddressOrDNSName>;port=80;url_suffix=/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll"

replace <PathToRSOE.exe> with the location of the rsoe, the default is "c:\progra~2\afaria\bin\rsoutboundenabler\"
replace <RelayServerIPAddressOrDNSName> with the IP address or dns name of the relay server.

Other problems with your RS.config file from above:

• unless you have purposely obfuscated the MAC addresses before posting to the forum, setting the mac fields as above will prevent any connections. The value of these should be the MAC address of the backend Afaria server, or you can comment the line by adding a # in front of the line 'mac = mac3"
  • You should set the IP address of your Relay server in the RS.config file by the host option.
  • Most customers do not set backend_security = on, but you may do so to enable the traffic to be encrypted within your network. If you intend to enable backend_security and client_security, you should obtain an SSL certificate and bind it in IIS to the 443 port. You can do this in IIS by going to the default website in the IIS Manager, then click on "Bindings..." on the right-hand side and Add a new binding for https.
jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sergey, I noticed one more thing that I forgot to mention... The version of Relay Server that you are running is fairly old. You may want to look at updating it to at least version 16.0.1824, especially if you are using Afaria SP4 or greater.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

I think, I have problems with rsoe component on master and slave servers. I can not find any information about configuring file rsoe.config.

I`ve configured rs.config on relay server, but I have no idea about rsoe(

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

You can find details about the rsoe.exe syntax in the links below

DocCommentXchange

DocCommentXchange

An example of options for Afaria server (this could be the content of a configuration file as well):

-id <Afaria server transmitter ID>

-f <name of the farm>

-cs "host=<IP address of server name>;port=<port number>"

-cr "host=<IP address or relay server name>;port=<port number>;url_suffix=/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll"

-v 0

-o "C:\afaria_rsoe.log" -os 5120000

You can find the transmitter ID value of your Afaria server in the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Afaria\Afaria\Server\TransmitterId

The port number in -cs  is the same you have specified in the Afaria Admin console in Server>Configuration>Device Communication.

Note that you need an outbound enabler for each Afaria component you have installed (for example Package Server, Enrollment Server, API service) and the data that you put in the correspondent configuration file (in particular -id and -f) have to match what in the Relay Server configuration file.

Thank you,

Mirco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon!

Do you mean, that I could make a choice how to set the parameters - by config file rsoe.conf ot by command line with the same parameters?

I`ve used command line, so I will check the parameters.

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Correct.

Mirco

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Can you please confirm that you have binded both, HTTP and HTTPS ports in your IIS?

Thanks,
Sejal Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon.

I`m sorry, I can not find anything I can name "binding ports" in manuals for IIS and Relay.

Ports are not closed by firewall.

Could you please rephrase it?