cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard workflow travel expense approval issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are implementing Travel workflow with standard 1 level

Travel Request : WS20000050

Travel Expense : WS20000040

In Travel request, I created travel request and it is going to manager and once it is approved. it is done.

But in Travel expense (WS20000040), when i created expense report it is not going to 1st level manager, when i checked the workflow they is 1 more decision box called "check trip facts" where there is no agent determination.

In the expression , nothing is written in standrd workflow. How the system will find the agent..??

Pls advice. Customer is quite happy with 1 level workflow.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are happy with the request workflow and want the same for expense, simply copy it completely with PFTC_COP (WS....), and forget about standard expense workflow.

Activate event binding for new workflow in SWETYPV to event CREATED instead of REQUESTCREATED, and maybe CHANGED instead of REQUESTCHANGED as well.

If you need different text/ mail elements (TS...), copy them as well with PFTC_COP, and change workflow definition for the corresponding step. Everything else can stay as it is.

cheers, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your guidance.

I have customized the Trip workflow and removed the Trip check facts. Now the agent determining is working perfectly fine.

Earlier the standard WF was like this  :

Now it is like this :

I am new to workflow. Now the requirement is e-mail notification : once the trip request is created , a notification mail to manager, and once the manager approve/reject, a notification mail to employee. If you can guide, I will do it. Please..

Regards,

Namsheed.

rajeshkothamasu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep the mail step under the set trip status activity(Trip Approved). As per the requirement send mail to concerned person.

Regards,

Rajesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

on the left, you will find the box with available steps. You can have mail step, or task.

Example (don't mind the german version):

Mail Details:

Task properties:

Or you can have it as mail:

rgds, Michael

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another alternative (or rather variation) to what Michael already stated is an HTML-based mail within a task (that's how we do it). I.e.

DATA:          lo_send_request          TYPE REF TO    cl_bcs.

lo_send_request = cl_bcs=>create_persistent( ).

. . . " create senders, receivers and a mailtext (with fancy formatting if you like)

CALL METHOD lo_send_request->send(

EXPORTING

i_with_error_screen = 'X'

RECEIVING

result              = lv_sent_to_all ).

All approaches pretty much do the same, it's just a matter of preference and how much work you want to invest.

Cheers, Lukas

rajeshkothamasu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check agent assignment has been done or not for decision task

Regards,

Rajesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mentioned earlier that Agent assignment has not done for it. Nothing is written in the expression how to determine the agent.  But it is standard WF WS20000040 as well. I wonder how SAP giving standard WF without any rule or expression.

Anyway what I have done is, we have copied this WF and in the new WF we deleted that check trip facts decision box from the WF. Also the event linkages has activated.

Now 1 level WF is triggering properly .

Thanks for your reply

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP is not maintaining it on purpose... because they dont know how your organization works... thats written in the documentation

Maintain Agent Assignment

When customizing this task, you must maintain agent responsibilities so that all employees in the expenses department are possible agents of this task.

Former Member
0 Kudos