Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make status of sales order complete without invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts.

Good day!

I have a requirement here to make sales order status complete even without its corresponding invoice. i know that one way to do it is to make the item category not relevant for billing. However, the client is hesitant in doing this because there are instances that they need the invoice. So, going back to the question, is there any possible standard way to make the sales order complete without its invoice?

I posted a sample document flow for your reference.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rommel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Phanikumar is right. Reason for rejection won't work here neither report SAPKKA12. You have to cancel the documents but this is also not an option.

Here you need to change the process. When invoice is not required you need to use some item category which is not relevant for billing. I'd suggest you to have two item categories. One with billing relevance and other without billing relevance. When invoice is not required manually select item category and automatically determine item category with billing relevance. See which transaction has more business volume and configure the system accordingly.

Other option is to create invoice and then post credit note with 100% invoice value.

Thank$

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rommel,

As per my understanding.

Lets say your company sells material A, this material is sold at a price X and at times you give it away as samples and at this time you do not want to invoice it.

If this is the case why don't you try using "Free of charge delivery process" for giving away samples and this process doesn't involve invoicing step.

If you think of using it, then you will be having 2 different order types, with different item categories.

1 for normal sales and the other for samples.

Hope it helps, please let us know your views.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen K.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can try by maintaining ::

1.Create separate billing type for such instances(user need to input  this billing type manually at VF01)

2. maintain copy controls with Pricing type at VTFL(Allways new pricing need to be carried out)

3.Separate Doc pricing procedure at VOFA for this new billing type with OVKK maintenance

4.Create a Pricing procedure which will create ZERO value Invoicing.

Try & Update...

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your response is highly appreciated!

I will try your suggestions and will get back to you

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How a suggestion of Reason for rejection will work here???

We cannot assign reason for rejection if proceeding document exists...

We need to to cancel & delete  these deliveries - if want to move with Reason for rejection.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

manually we can complete the sales orders

then go to T-code VA02 - click on

reason for rejection - then give against the material for the pending qty -

give the reason for rejection and save the document, now if u check in the

document flow, this sales order will be in completion status.

Thanks

Anil.G

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is assigning Reason for Rejection so that the status would get changed.  The other option is try running report SAPKKA12

G. Lakshmipathi