Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPS_EHS_CI_1 Activation

achinnasamy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client is on Ehp6, live since last year. Now we realize we need the business function OPS_EHS_CI_1 to meet some of our requirements. Has anyone activated this business function in a productive system? Does it get transported or activated in every system?

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

achinnasamy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph, will do the due diligence as suggested / recommended

Anand

achinnasamy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Tarun / Christoph,

We are already live with PS and DG. I like to know whether we can activate the above business function in a productive system. I wouldn't hesitate to do it if we are starting a new project because this function offers several enhanced capabilities. I am looking for some input on impacts of activating this function in a productive system

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anand,

I am sure it wont cause a major problems (If you are activate this for Flex.Haz Substance Check), because even we realize it late and activated at the end of the project.

Hope this will solve your problem.

--

P

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Annand

the right way is;: start in "dev"; then "Qual!"and then "prod"; I have some "nice" experiences with only "small" update (support package updates); this was "trouble"; some experience come up as we have upgraded the system. Regrading this business fucntion a lot of documentation is available on SAP marketplace and other places. According to my expericen: it is not "simply"activate something; but after that you need to customize on top, so that still the SAP Erp is running properly; e.g. with this activationyou could directupload documents in userdefined texts (only as an example); you have additional access objects which you can use etc. As mentioned in online docue etc. you have o n top now options to "optimize" look and feel in CG02/CG02BD and may othere areas. In such upgrade projects it is most common to use this approach:

generate a copy of prod to a sandbox; activate; check; if stable the sandbox system could be "deleted" or will get new dev system (lot of options here). It is a matter of risk handling at the end.

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

we did not yet activate the business functions. PLease check answer of Tarun; I am not sure if you can "really" transport; I believe you need to do it per system. Check e.g. may be;

C.B.

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I think you are in need of Flexiable Haz.Substance Check, for this you need to activate OPS_EHS_C1_1. You can activate it in every system (not sure why you need to activate in every system), but it can also be transported.

Hope this will solve your problem.

--

P