cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus and RRSP in Off-cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am implementing a new process at client, where they need to pay bonus however some employee may opt to transfer their Bonus to RRSP in order to defer taxes.

All employees are setup to transfer their regular salary in regular pay to their bank account however for bonus they need to generate a check.

All employees are on EFT , so can I run off-cycle for bonus and RRSP using an option check, because client want to cut a check for RRSP as  some employee have their own RRSP (other than company provided RRSP).

How can I pay Bonus and RRSP in the same off-cycle because for some employees net is zero because they want to transfer their bonus to RRSP in this scenario net is zero so I cannot even generate a check from payroll , can in this case AP generate a check for an amount equal to RRSP?

Please help me in these 2 issues.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

What I understood is you are moving bonus amounts to RRSP which is an external saving account.

Now for some employees the net pay is zero, but for those net zero's you cant produce checks.

If this is the case then please check the function P9ZNC, and use the parameter 3 as C101, this tells the system to only issue /559 with $0 if the employee has a value in /101 and also create void reason code for 0 net in view table V_TVOID, so that 0 Net program will be able to generate the 0 Net checks.

Try this in your test system and see if you able to generate 0 net checks. We have the same settings to generate 0 nets.

Thanks,

Ashish