cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa Export Flash Compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are currently using Flash Player 14 and we found out that the export functionality of Nakisa does not work when paired with this version of Flash Player.

Upon searching this site, I found a post stating that the Flash Player be downgraded to 11.3. I did as was told and the Nakisa Export worked. But we can't have this as a solution since our company is firm in wanting to have the latest version of Flash Player.

Does Nakisa already have a new version in which it is compatible with Flash Player 14?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen or read OSS note: "2046587 - Adobe Flash Player 13 Breaks Export Functionality" noting "issue occurs due to a change in Adobe Flash 13 and above".

Is your OrgChart version at one of the levels listed for the version you are on?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Stephen

Apologies for the late reply. Thanks for this. We've currently issued an OSS to Nakisa regarding the matter as stated in the note.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John.

Do you need any further information or did Stephen Burr's answer provide what you needed?

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as a bit of additional background, Adobe seem to have gone into overdrive recently in terms of their releases.  Here's how the major releases for the last 10 years or so have occurred -> half of them occurred in the last 12 months!

• 2003 September - Version 7
  • 2005 August - Version 8
  • 2006 June - Version 9
  • 2008 October - Version 10
  • 2011 October - Version 11
  • 2014 January - Version 12
  • 2014 June - Version 13
  • 2014 August - Version 14
  • 2014 September - Version 15
  • 2014 December - Version 16

A large part of me hopes that this pace and the compatibility issues it throws up with a range of products (including VSN applications) might generally help put an end to the use of Flash across the board.

I think other technologies such as HTML5 backed by the lack of Flash on many mainstream devices (thinking primarily Apple here) have reached a point of maturity and saturation that we'll be seeing fewer Flash requirements in the future.