cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECCS Multiple Consolidations

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECCS, currently we have dimension A1 that is a USD consolidation with consolidation group US, consolidation units 1000, 2000, 3000. This is on a ledger US with group currency USD.

In addition to the USD consolidation, the company wants to consolidate a subset of consolidation units 2000 and 3000 in GBP. I have created another ledger GB with group currency GBP and another consolidation group GB.

Can I achieve this with 2 hierarchy on dimension A1? or is there a better setup?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I set different versions in the global parameters, the hierarchy is exactly the same as version 100. Why is the hierarchy the same for all versions? Is it possible to have a different hierarchy per version?

The ledger is assigned to a hierarchy and not the version. What am I missing?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In  the version master data maintenance (CXB1) make the structure the same as the version.

This will provide for version-dependent cons group hierarchies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created version 150 for my GBP consolidation. So all the other fields in CXB1 should be 150 too?

Or everything should be 100 except structure set to 150?

Even when I change the version/ledger in the global parameters, CX1X is the same for both versions?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the consolidation tasks will be the same for both versions with the exception of the hierarchy, then it is best to keep the remaining setting at 100. This allows you to use the same configurations for the consolidation of both versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you for the suggestion.

How about CX1X, why does the hierarchy layout stay the same even though I change the version/ledger in the global parameters? Is this normal?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my system, the hierarchy was there for both after the version was created, But the changes are version specific.

It is suggested you make a simple change is also in the other version, which it should not. If so, you may need to seek help from SAP for a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will have Hierarchy H1 for USD consolidation and Hierarchy H2 for GBP consolidation.

Should I have both hierarchies (H1, H2) on both versions (100 and 150) in CX1X?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only H1 is needed for USD version and only H2 is needed for GBP version

Former Member
0 Kudos

And these settings look ok for the GBP version?

Sorry I had said version 150 originally, but re-created as Z00 when trying again.

If these settings look ok, is there anywhere else in configuration that I should check?

Thanks for your help!

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks good to me. The only other setting I am aware of is the cons group hierarchy as already mentioned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright thanks for all the help. I will keep investigating and reach out to SAP.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a drawback to creating a new dimension instead?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, all of the configuration would have to be re-created from scratch and maintaining both dimensions would be double for everything.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can certainly achieve the desired results with a single dimension. That would be my recommendation. However it will be necessary to have a separate version for the new ledger and group currency consolidation in ECCS.

FYI, had this been BCS there would be no need for separate version or ledger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All of the versions have the same consolidation groups and units. I cannot find a ledger assignment per version.

Can you explain why there needs to be separate versions? How will they differ?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ECCS, because the ledgers have different group currency, only one group can be used per version.

I am not aware of any situation where different group currencies can occur within the same ECCS version.