cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS services generating huge number of *.plf files

0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

ERS service generating huge number of *.plf files at C:\Documents and Settings\SAPService<SID>\Local Settings\Temp where service SAP<SID>_11 is keep on trying to get start as it setup has automatic in Service.msc. But service not coming up.

SAP: SAP NetWeaver 2004s level 014 ( MS - cluster)

I came to know that i can houskeep those *.pfl files. Can anyone please suggest me why these files have been generated and how can i stop this.

As of thread suggesting , I have deleted *.pfl files.

My concern is that why these PFL files are generating and how can i make service available.

To resolve this issue as per thread suggestion 3374521.

Execute from command prompt, command similar as :

D:\usr\sap\<SID>\ERS<NR>\exe\sapcpe.exe

list:\\<HOSTNAME(Virtual)>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\scs.lst

pf="D:\usr\sap\<SID>\ERS<NR>\profile\START_ERS<NR>_<Hostname of NODE>"

This had to run from both of the nodes in cluster for both ERS services and then it got resolved..no more .pfl files.

I believe that this command is to copy all my executable,Dll files and provide environment to system startup.

Can i execute this sapcpe command while system is up?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

SAPCPE performs a kernel version check and exectuable sync between the Kernel on instances such as additional application servers and the kernel installed on the SAPMNT share which usually resides on the Central Instance host.

Normally it is used as part of a kernel upgrade where only the kernel on the Central Instance is replaced, on startup the additional instances as part of there startup procedure would call sapcpe which would detect the newer kernel on the SAPMNT and update the kernel on the application server.

If you have now installed local kernel to the nodes and they are in sync with respect to the kernel version there is no need to call it. You can check the kernel version by calling disp+work.exe -v from the command line as SIDADM.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

Thanks for the information.

Could you please help me, How can i achieve ERS service (SAP<SID>_11 & SAP<SID>_12 to be up and stop generating huge pfl files. These services are trying to start up and getting failed and also resulting *.pfl files.

Checks done from my end:

1. Profiles looks fine.

Please provide any suggestion.  what can be check further on this.

Regards

Prabhakaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakaran.

Can you please upload the content of the following files:

startsap_ERS**.log

ERS**/work/dev_enrepsrv

Thanks

Neil Ryan

SAP Active Global Support

0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

Thanks, for your interest to find out solution.

Please find the below log details.

dev_enrepsrv ---- Log

---------------------------------------------------

trc file: "dev_enrepsrv", trc level: 1, release: "721"

sysno      02

sid        <SID>

systemid   562 (PC with Windows NT)

relno      7210

patchlevel 0

patchno    214

intno      20020600

make       multithreaded, Unicode, 64 bit, optimized

pid        5408

[Thr 8544] Tue Jul 22 16:25:54 2014

[Thr 8544] profile    D:\usr\sap\<SID>\ERS11\profile\<SID>_ERS11_<ERS Host>

[Thr 8544] hostname   <ERS Host>

[Thr 8544] Tue Jul 22 16:25:55 2014

[Thr 8544] Activate polling of HA software (poll interval = 10000)

[Thr 8544] Replication server start with instance number 02

[Thr 8544] Enqueue server on host <ENQUEUE HOST>, IP-addr 10.93.234.8, port 50216

[Thr 8544] EnRepPollHa:CheckActive: polling thread has not yet initialized

[Thr 8544] Tue Jul 22 16:26:00 2014

[Thr 8544] Deactivate as I am not on the repl. host

[Thr 8544] Tue Jul 22 16:26:51 2014

[Thr 8544] Enqueue replication server: normal shutdown

dev_enrepha -- Log

trc file: "dev_enrepha", trc level: 1, release: "721"

sysno      03

sid        <ERS HOST>

systemid   562 (PC with Windows NT)

relno      7210

patchlevel 0

patchno    214

intno      20020600

make       multithreaded, Unicode, 64 bit, optimized

pid        6828

[Thr 5232] Tue Jul 22 16:25:57 2014

[Thr 5232] profile    D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS12\profile\<ERS HOST>_ERS12_<ERS Host>

[Thr 5232] hostname   <ERS Host>

[Thr 5232] switched status to:  Inactive

[Thr 5232] Tue Jul 22 16:26:17 2014

[Thr 5232] switched status to:  Hold

1. Sapstart.log

SAP-R/3-Startup Program

Starting at 2014/07/22 16:25:53

Startup Profile: "D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS11\profile\START_ERS11_<ERS Host>"

Starting Programs

(10512) Execute: D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS11\exe\sapcpe.exe list:D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS11\exe\REPSRV.lst pf=D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS11\profile\<ERS HOST>_ERS11_<ERS Host>

(9508) Execute: D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS11\exe\sapcpe.exe list:\\<ENQUEUE HOST>\sapmnt\<ERS HOST>\SYS\profile\<ERS HOST>_ERS11_<ERS Host>.lst source:\\<ENQUEUE HOST>\sapmnt\<ERS HOST>\SYS\profile target:D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS11\profile

(5408) CreateProcess: D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS11\exe\enrepserver.exe pf=D:\usr\sap\<ERS HOST>\ERS11\profile\<ERS HOST>_ERS11_<ERS Host> NR=02

(8200) Parent Shutdown at 2014/07/22 16:26:51

(8200) Parent Shutdown at 2014/07/22 17:08:04

(8200) kill(SIGINT 5408) failed.

Send Signal SIGKILL to Process 5408

*Note: ASCS and SCS are running on <Enqueue host> and ERS running on <ERS host>

Regards

Prabhakaran

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can anyone Suggest me to fix this issue?

Regards

Prabhakarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakarna.

The dev_repsrva log shows "Deactivate as I am not on the repl. host"and "switched status to: inactive"

This is correct in that in normal operation the replication enqueue server is always active on the host where the SCS instance is "not" running.

Just to clarify how the ERS works: It is installed locally in both nodes of the cluster and the OS service (SAPPEP_11) should be running in both nodes of the cluster. In normal operation the ERS instance  is always  active on the host where the SCS instance is "not" running. In the other node (where the SCS is running) the service is running but the instance is not active.

Can you provide a clarification of the hostname of each node, on which the SCS is running and which server did each of the above logs originate from.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

0 Kudos

Thanks Neil for the information,

My issue is that SAP<SID>_11 service is not running on node B, where service SAP<SID>_11 is running fine at node A. As you mentioned, i hope service should be up from both node A and B.

This is my scenario;

ASCS -- Installed on virtual host (\\Server B)

SAP -- It is running on Node B

DB - It is running on Node A

Above mentioned logs originated at \\Server B\saploc\<SID>\ERS11\work.

Please let me know if you need any information further.

Regards

Prabhakaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakaran.

Can you clarify what you mean by your ASCS is installed on a Virtual Host, where is this virtual host. Also can you clarify what SAP Instances are running on Node B. Is the OS Service running on both nodes, to me the error shows that the OS Level service is running and shuts down the ERS instance.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

0 Kudos

Hello,

Good news that issue has been resolved by using sapcpe command , where i have resync the executables for ERS services.

D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64>sapcpe pf="D:\usr\sap\<SID>\ERS11\profile\START_ERS11_<hostname_node_B>"

Now ERS service is running on both nodes(A & B) in services.msc.

As of my understanding, ERS shouldn't run where ASCS is running. But my configuration at my machine is slightly different.

Neil, I am clearly getting term ERS instance, you mean to say in MMC, ERS instance not in active.

Regards

Prabhahakran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhahakran.

Yes, I mean that at an SAP Level (Instance) one ERS instance will deactivate as per your earlier logs but the OS Level "service" should remain active ready to reactive the SAP Level Instance should a failover scenario occur.

Thnks

Neil Ryan

Answers (0)