Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Code wise asset classes

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue regarding asset classes. i have two company codes and asset classes are different for both company codes however number ranges are same in both company codes. now when i try to create asset through AS01 i can see all the asset classes in the list and system also allows me to create asset in any asset class. how can i restrict this in SAP. other wise users of company code "A" could create asset in Asset class of company code "B" by mistake. please guide me here.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Generally asset classes are created at client level. So it will be available for all co.codes which are created in the client. So you have to define the validation for that in OACV at master data level. First define a set in GS01 for the asset classes for each company code. Then you have to define the validation as mentioned below:

Prerequisite : asset class in "set name"

Check : Company code

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please guide me through the process in steps?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First create 2 sets for the asset classes for each company code. Later you have to define this sets in the validation as per attached screen shots.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Assuming that your two company codes use different charts of depreciation, there is a much simpler way to solve your problem: You can deactivate asset classes per chart of depreciation using transaction AM05. They will be no more visible in the matchcode.

Regards

Th.

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

That would have been a charm but unfortunately they are using same chart of account. i did went for this solution but the chart of account was same.

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Same chart of accounts or same chart of depreciation ? Same chart of accounts is not an issue.

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry it was a typo i meant same chart of Depreciation.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you gone through the screen shots?

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I an trying to create two sets for both companies. For company A "Z_ASSETS_A" and for Company Code B "Z_ASSETS_B". I gave the set name as above. now what? what should be entered in table field? Please guide me

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter table name ANLA and select the field ANLKL.