Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission problem wiht WPC transport package

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

i have trouble with my WPC transport packages which i have been using for more than 1 year. My permissions haven't changed also.

When i now try to export the package, it tells me that i do not have permission for all included objects and therefore i can't execute it.

The object i have no permission for is in pcd:com.sap.portal.system/pcc/rt_content/com.sap.portal.pcc/StagingAreaId/ObjectXYZ.

How can i set permissions on this? Or why is that even happening since nothing seems to have been changed.

Thanks for any hint.

Regards,

Tobias.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can no one explain me how to set permission on "pcd:com.sap.portal.system". Does it have to be defined with Security Zones? Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias, Im a bit unsure what your problem using permissions is. If you dont see the content you need, try to use the PCD inspector. In generally this should work like charm for any PCD content. If you have any default trace entries regarding this, provide them

cheers

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see the object in pcd inspector but i dont know how to set permission on it for a specific role. That is my problem. For portal content which belongs to pcd:portal_content it is no big deal. But how to manage permission on content which belongs to pcd:com.sap.portal.system/[...]?

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, you obviously cant modify ACL's with that one, after I took a short look... So at the and the SAP answer would be probably: not at all.

But I would have an idea: you can do an SQL injection. I would assume they are using same ER schema for hidden PCD stuff comparing to the regular. But this is for sure not supported and also not documented, be careful by doing this.

I didnt got the context of your question properly, why you wanna do this at all?

cheers

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence and thanks for your time.

The problem is that the SAP WPC seems to produce content in pcd:com.sap.portal.system/pcc/rt_content/com.sap.portal.pcc/StagingAreaId/[...]. I need to transport that content but the system tells me that i can't because i have no permission on the object in this package. With a full permission portal admin, im able to do so but the admin is not allowed to create cts+ requests so can't get the content transported either but for different reasons. The strange is that i was able to transport this way for about 2 years. Only thing that changed on the system were some patches. But there has to be some way to set permissions for this if WPC produces content there.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome Tobias. Im not very familiar with WPC (dont like it very well -> e.g. because of stuff like: , but content transporting should be a common scenario, but we know TREX search should be also

However, SAP is (should) deliver access rights on hidden PCD objects by default, so in fact there (should be) is no need to do something about. I guess I got your problem: in fact you are able only to transport content, you have read access on, and obviously its not the case if you arent super admin. This could be "work as designed", Im assuming you are doing like that: Transporting Web Page Composer Content - Web Page Composer - SAP Library

So your actual problem is in fact:

Tobias Hamdorf wrote:

but the admin is not allowed to create cts+ requests so can't get the content transported either but for different reasons

this should be a configuration issue, so it probably doesnt have anything to do with WPC, its an NWDI resp CTS+ question. You should try to correct this by administrating CTS+, not by changing PCD access rights. D'accord?

cheers

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seriously, who likes the WPC? This tool is... i guess i shouldn't write what i am thinking about it. But it is defined to use it for our portal so i have no choice at the moment.

I think you might be right that this is a "works as designed" but i don't realy like it. This will be a battle with my SAP security . Well i was hoping for an easy way out .

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,

Tobias