Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_RFC is being checked while displaying a role

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There is an issue in our R/3 system, when we clicking a role in a role tab via SU01 T-code. The role is displaying in new session as usual.

But as per the authorization perspective there is an additional authorization check is happening in the system.

Apart from S_TCODE= SU01D and PFCG, and authorization object= S_USER_AGR there is an addtional authorization checks happening ie S_RFC

with below values ::

RFC_TYPE=FUNC;RFC_NAME=PRGN_SHOW_EDIT_AGR;ACTVT=16;type=RF;name=PRGN_SHOW_EDIT_AGR;

Can anyone help me on this,why this additional checks happening??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Przemek,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the parameter in Dev and QA. And both are having different values.

In Dev the value maintained for the parameter,

auth/rfc_authority_check=9

Where as , In QA the values are:

auth/rfc_authority_check=1

Can you let me know what is refers?

regards,

Abhinav

10 REPLIES 10

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's actually doing what it should be. It calls FM PRGN_SHOW_EDIT_AGR with addition STARTING NEW TASK which causes to open a new window and display a role there. This is actually RFC call hence the check.I am just wondering if this was always happening or SAP just tightened security.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the reply, then why the authorization is not checking in the same SAP System in Quality environment where the S_RFC is not checking while doing the same thing.

Please find the below Authorization trace:

S_TCODE    RC=0  tcode=PFCG;TCD=PFCG;type=TR;name=SU01;

S_USER_AGR RC=0  tcode=PFCG;ACTVT= ;ACT_GROUP= ;type=TR;name=SU01;

S_USER_AGR RC=0  ACT_GROUP=S:ALLPRD:DXT1:IT_CUST_DISPLAY;ACTVT=03;type=TR;name=SU01;

S_TCODE    RC=0  tcode=PFCG;TCD=PFCG;type=TR;name=PFCG;

S_USER_AGR RC=0  tcode=PFCG;ACTVT= ;ACT_GROUP= ;type=TR;name=PFCG;

S_USER_AGR RC=0  ACT_GROUP=S:ALLPRD:DXT1:IT_CUST_DISPLAY;ACTVT=03;type=RF;name=PRGN_SHOW_EDIT_AGR;

S_USER_AGR RC=0  ACT_GROUP=S:ALLPRD:DXT1:IT_CUST_DISPLAY;ACTVT=03;type=RF;name=PRGN_SHOW_EDIT_AGR;

PLOG       RC=0  PPFCODE=DISP;PLVAR=01;OTYPE=AG;INFOTYP=1001;SUBTYP=B007;ISTAT=1;type=RF;name=PRGN_S

regards,

Abhinav

0 Kudos

Hi

Don't you have more than one application server for your production?

Regards

Przemek

0 Kudos

Hi Przemek,

This issue is happening in Development , where we have only one application server.

Regards,

Abhinav

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav

Martin has already told you it's working correctly

If this is a "new" issue for you then you need to check:

• was there a role authorisation change to the impacted user?
  • was there a role assignment?
  • are you on a really old system and applied support packs recently which resulted in code change?
  • did it turn out it's never worked but you never realised?

Regardless, you need to add the S_RFC access

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

My question is then why is inconsistency in Authorization check in same landscape where in Development it is checking S_RFC and in Quality it is not checking while doing the same task where User is able to do the same task without access of S_RFC.

Appreciate if you can explain.

Regards,

Abhinav

0 Kudos

Hi

The question is good.

Compare parameter auth/rfc_authority_check

Regards

Przemek

0 Kudos

Hi Przemek,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the parameter in Dev and QA. And both are having different values.

In Dev the value maintained for the parameter,

auth/rfc_authority_check=9

Where as , In QA the values are:

auth/rfc_authority_check=1

Can you let me know what is refers?

regards,

Abhinav

0 Kudos

(default) 1 = Authorization check is active (no check for same user) (no check for same user context and SRFC FUGR)

9 = Authorization check required for all function modules

0 Kudos

Thansk alot Przemek,now got the root cause for the issue.

Have a nice day !