cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to BEX Analyzer with foreign language appears to technical ids instead of wb - names (after Migration 3.5 --> 7.x)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

we migrated our workbooks from 3.5 to 7.x and after migration the workbook title (name) is only shown when login to the BEX Analyzer with the same language we migrated the workbooks with (in our case German). If we login with any other language then German the BEX Analyzer menu only shows the technical names of the workbooks.

Does anyone know why this appears and is there a way to show the standard workbook name when login with a foreign language as well?

Thank you in advance,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

also workbook names need to be translated, otherwise you only see technical names in that other language.

It seems that the translation was lost during the migration.

I encountered the same problem, when copying a bex object i.e. a query - the copy is done only in the language I was logged in, and after the copy I have to do the translation again.

so you have to do the translation again.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

thank you that was some really good hint!

I started to translate all objects in SE63 yesterday and this works pretty good for all kind of menues, folders etc. but it does not work for workbooks.

If I am opening the Bex Analyzer and choose  "Open Workbook - Roles" I can only see the technical names of the workbooks instead of my translations. As I said the entire folder path to the workbook is translated the way I maintained it - only the workbooks are not.

By the way this appears only in BEX Analyzer menu, when looking at the same workbooks using the SAP menu even the workbooks getting translated allright.

I am getting crazy....

Andreas

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

in SE63 you can only translate roles and folders inside role, but no Bex Objects.

There are two ways, depending on the number of objects you have to translate it´s

small number of objects - log on to analyzer in the language that you want to translate two - change the objects names

large number of objects - go by this document and use the translation tool

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16092

best regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

allright thanks a lot - appreciate it...

One last question how can I rename the workbooks in BEX? I tried it but there seems to be no way to change the name of the workbook.

Do I have to use the Save as... - button?

I would prefer to change the name by just right click on the file and choose edit or something like using F2.

BR

Andreas

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well BW does not always work the way we would prefer ... 😉

you need to open the workbook and go to the workbook properties - where you finde the data providers an that stuff. There you have th ename as the GUID and you can overwrite it woth the desired name.

If you do the "save as" you create a new workbook with a new GUID. If you do it in english, next time you go to the german version you will see this one just with the GUID ...

It´s a lot of fun to maintain several languages ...

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

allright this is working.

Thank you for all your help.

Would mark the question as answered and your answer as helpful but can not see the buttons...

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when it is your thread and you are logged on, all the answers should have these buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

I know but it is not available in our discussion, I got no idea why not. This is the first time this

appears to me....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wasn't working with IE. MF works...

Answers (0)