cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Testing Tools for SAP ME Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are currently working on Troubleshooting some SAP ME system production outages which occur frequently. We have come up  with some solutions which we would like to carry out in our production systems but would like to Test the impact of the changes before we go through with them.

So I would like to know if there is a way to virtually load our test systems to a comparable extent as the production systems in order to simulate the production environment and test the solutions.

Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks,
Kalpeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Kalpeet,

I would only suggest configuring your test environment as similar to the production as it is possible. Then prepare and run some 'stress' tests.

You will not be able to execute code changes in the production system unless you deploy them. But it is definitely not a 'virtually load our test systems to a comparable extent'.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Many Thanks for your prompt response.

The changes i'm referring to are system/database parameters changes which are suppose to solve issues like slowness of the system, system not responding etc. We have our tests systems as replica's of the production systems but they are not subjected to the same amount of load ( connected machines,sessions, processes etc. ) so I wanted to know if I could subject them to a comparable amount load without connecting actual machines/users.

To be accurate about my requirement, some kind of a tool that can simulate the load will be helpful.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Kalpeet

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpeet,

For such testing you need either to create your custom code that will trigger the same API used by the end users via GUI (this might be partially replaced, for example, by means of LoadUI tool) or to use any tool of automatic testing to create needed scripts of specific scenarios.

Regards,

Sergiy