Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel GR on purchase order before inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I face the following issue:

1) A reception was done on a purchase order, at the time a material was supposed to be receipt in quality stock.

Result -> 100 ST in stock Q

2) For the same material, an inspection type was added in QA08 for this same material, ticking the checkbox "activate despite inspection stock"

Result -> An inspection lot of standard inspection type "0800" was automatically generated, without any link to the purchase order

Now I would like to cancel the GR on purchase order but:

• I am not able to cancel goods receipt because of message QA495 "Change inspection stock in QM only".
  • I am not able to cancel the inspection lot because this option is not possible in QA02.
  • I am not able to deactivate the inspection category from the material because there is an inspection lot existing.

Can anybody propose a way out of this?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the given situation, you cannot run away from the inspection lot created. so, look for a workaround for the lot created.

like for e.g: do a dummy usage decision and send back or return stock to vendor using the same Purchase order.

After doing that, you should be able to remove the inspection type from material master, which helps you in not creating a inspection lot upon a receipt of purchase order.

hope it helps.

Regards,

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jules,

See the KBA 1922097 which explains why the inspection lot with type 0800 is created.

See the KBA 2117983 which explains the process to return the stock to vendor after making a usage decision.

Best regards,

Nancy