cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSERTION_FAILED runtime error while creating a Material Create Change request in MDG

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MDG7.0 SP02  co-deployed on ECC.

While doing single material creation in NWBC, when we click on “Expand All” button to see all the tabs information and when we click especially on “Descriptions” tab, then we get a runtime error “ASSERTION VIOLATED”.

But when we expand other tabs like Plant Data,Valuation data in NWBC, we don’t get any error while doing Material Creation . Also, when we submit the CR without providing the Description of the Material, we are not able to open the CR from approver’s inbox to approve it and we get the same mentioned error. PFB the screenshot of the runtime error:

I have checked the mentioned method and everything looks fine.Also, to resolve this , there is no OSS note by SAP too.

Has anyone come across this scenario. If yes, then please share that how did you resolve this dump in the system.

Please find the dump file attached in the thread for further information.

Regards,

Satyam

former_member38548
Participant
0 Kudos

How did your issue was resolved?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member38548
Participant
0 Kudos

How did the issue resolved? i am facing the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you defaulting any lines in the description table? How?

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the reply.

No, we are not defaulting any lines in the description table as I said in the above comment , that it was working fine earlier and something got happened which caused the issue.

Can you suggest anyother approach towards this issue or you have experienced this issue earlier?

Regards,

Satyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post a link to the blog you refer to above?

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I was referring to the blog posted by Shankar for the mass import of Material data through excel file in MDG.

PFB the link to the same:

Regards,

Satyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, you only get this error when you "mass" import materials or with any material?

0 Kudos

HI Abdullah,

I get the runtime error even on single creation of material thought NWBC when I try to click on "Expand All " button or expand the description tab in the create screen.

And when I do mass import through excel file , then I get the error "Enter the description of the Material" when I complete the mass import action.

So, the description has some issue which is why I am getting the above dump.

Regards,

Satyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

The short dump talks about two internal tables having different number of lines. Now, you say this happens when you expand the description UIBB; correct? This means that a description entry is being created illegally in the description internal table. Most probably this is due to trying to default the description using the wrong method/technique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, take a look at this OSS note: 1607713. If you have enhanced the data model then most probably this OSS note will solve your problem. Just make sure it is applicable to your MDG_FND release.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the response.

yes, it is correct that we get the dump when we expand the Descriptions UIBB.

How can the description entry treated illegally when I have not given any illegal data into it.

We are also not defaulting the description using any method/technique in Material Create screen.

Can you please guide me more in how to check this if somehow the description is defaulted in the internal table?.

Regards,

Stayam

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for sharing the OSS nte.

But we have not enhanced the data model at all and we are using out of the box solution for MDG-Material which was working fine earlier and we were able to create materials successfully.

I checked that SAP note too and it was valid for MDG_FND version 746 and our version is 748.

Regards,

Satyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since it was working; you need to "reverse" engineer the solution. Start undoing what you did to see what caused the error.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satyam,

If you are doing what has been mention in my blog,then this issue will come because there is a mismatch between the sl. no defined in BADI and the file your are trying to load.further you have close the file with i.e.start with XX....end with YY in the data rows.

Please check with your developer he has take care of the columan numbers of excel sheet and BADI code.

regards

shankar

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satyam,

This error you get usually when the SAP code got corrupt.

Please cechk with SAP they will give you the note to implement correction.

0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for the reply.

We have raised the SAP OSS note for this issue and waiting for their reply.

We don't know why suddenly this issue came up as the case may be as you suggested " the code got corrupted " because earlier it was working very fine without any issue.

We were trying the File Import though excel file according your your blog multiple times which may be the reason the code got corrupted.

Any thoughts on this?

Will let you know once SAP comes back with some solution to this.

Regards,

Satyam