cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Power User Can Not Send Data - BPC Release 7.5.112.07 MS

0 Kudos

Hi BPC Community,

We have a group of users who are able to send data to locked dimensions. We added a new power user and this person can not send data to locked dimensions (see attached screen-shot). The person is checked box as a "leader" in the Teams responsibility.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. Barry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

sorry I don't understand where is the issue, the message shows that you're trying to write on locked data if you want to correct some value on "closed" period then you should open the work status resetting it "unlocked" and then you're able to send data on it probably other users has sended data before the work status changed.

If different situation please explain better and share the "work status" and "work status settings" on admin console.

Regards

Roberto

0 Kudos

Hi Roberto and Shrikant:

Here are the steps:

Work Status Options - Step 1 of 2

1. Open Planning & Consolidation via Excel
  2. Go to eSubmit
  3. Click on Modify Work Status
  4. Choose category, entity and time you want to lock

Now there's a way to provision a user so that the user can still send data even if a Category/Entity is locked from Work Status.

We also looked at security:

1. Teams
  2. Task Profile
  3. Member Access Profile

Does this help?

Thanks. Barry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Does user has access to save or send data in lock status?

sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share work status setting screen shot

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to give access that owner or manger has acces to change data

means you have to configure that. in Lock status you have to give access like Manual input set as manager so manager can input data in lock state also.

sushant

0 Kudos

That's the issue. How is a user provisioned to send data in the locked status? This is what I don't know is how to setup a user to override and be able send to locked dimensions.

Thanks. Barry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In appset level in work status setting for locked work status for manual entry select  manager so only mangaaer can do manual data entry in lock work status

sushant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Log in to BPC admin, select your application set , on left hand side you will see Work status

Refer below screen shot -

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can set work status something like as shown below (Just for understanding purpose).

So in locked state manger of particular entity can do manual data entry. There is mistake in locked state that control by is missing so you can use manger in control by.

hope this will help you

sushant

0 Kudos

Here it is...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This work status is on application level you have to do setting on application set level

see the screen shot in my post

sushant

0 Kudos

It's this one. Sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

what is use of work status in your case because you have given access to all.

sushant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means only "OWNER" can send the data in Locked stated.

Kindly check that the user (as you said power user)  is maintained in owner property in Entity dimension.

Shrikant

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

In work status setting owner and manager concept is important so first try to understand the concept of owner and manager and go through the link.

sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Options

• All = any user with member access write privilege

• Owner = only users assigned as owner with member access write privilege

• Mgr = Owner of parent dimension member is manager of child dimension member

• Locked = no user regardless of authorization.

Controlled By: Determines who can select the work status code

• Both = owner of the specific member ID and the owner of the parent to the specific member ID

• Owner = owner of the specific member ID

• Mgr = owner of the parent to the specific member ID.

also go through below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2064bb40-ea48-2e10-069c-cc6878a0f...

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEIQFjAE&url=h...

Hope this will help you.

sushant

0 Kudos

No. This user is not listed in the Owner property in the Entity dimension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If user is not owner or manger he can not change value. you have to maintain that. so first understand owner manger concept go through the links that are shared

sushant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then add that user for required ENTITY , then and then only you can change the data for that entity even work status is locked.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Just for your understanding and for your help.

as per below screen shot we have 2 users

1)     BPCUSER1

2)     BPCUSER2

so have maintained user id's in owner property.ALL_STORE is parent of all Store(STORE1,STORE2,STORE3.....) so owner of ALL_STORE is a manager of all stores(STORE1,STORE2,STORE3.....).

When you configure a work status this relationship of owner and manager is important and according users will have access.

if we consider above example in relation with your example then in lock state only user of particular store can do manual data entry. so only bpcuser1 can do manual data entry in lock state for STORE1,STORE2.......

if in lock state you gave access for manual input for manager then only bpcuser2 can do manual data entry.

so first maintain owner property as per requirement then set work status.

hope this will help you to understand work status.

sushant

0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

That worked. I added the user to the Owner property in the Entity dimension.

Thanks to you and all the others for help on this issue. It's appreciated.

Barry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

It looks like work status is submitted and no one (owner of entity )can change the data.

Shrikant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

What do you mean by power user ? Dose he has all access in BPC( Task profile, Member Access Profile ).

Kindly check whether the id of that power user is maintained in owner property value in Driving dimension (May be ENTITY ) .

Also check the work status setting.

Shrikant

0 Kudos

Okay. In Task Profile-->Modify-->Users-->View By-->...I added the new user to this team and saved (apply). The user is still not able to send override data to the locked intersection.

What I mean by "power user" is that we have a small group on users who can send data to locked intersections. I was told that there's a special feature that will allow this functionality. I thought that the steps above would allow this special send override. I did not.

Where would I find "Work Status" settings?

Thanks. Barry

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

What I mean by "power user" is that we have a small group on users who can send data to locked intersections.

You can write data in submitted state if you are the manager of that entity. (considering standard work status settings )

Also share the Master data screen shot of Entity dimension where you have maintained owner property.

Or may be it is case as explained by Roberto and my first post.

Shrikant