cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the entire input prompt panel for few reports from infoview?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using infoview to load WEBI reports and Crystal reports as well.

We have requirement to disable the prompt panel for few reports in CR as we have .Net screen to enter parameters.

How can I disable the entire input prompt for few reports from infoview?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is really confusing...

On the one hand it seems that you are saying that you want to run these reports from infoview:

How can I disable the entire input prompt for few reports from infoview?

On the other hand you say:

We want user to use .Net screen

As you have BI / BO, you should also have phone support available to you. It may be best to create a phone incident and discuss the issue over the phone(?).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad if I was not clear with my issues -

Let me explain again -

1. User logs into .Net and uses .Net prompt screen and clicks submit.
  2. On click of submit .Net calls CR report via open doc URL.
  3. Report loads in .Net with infoview container.
  4. The info view container has refresh button and prompt panel where user has option to change parameters again and rerun the report from there itself(we can to disable these options)
  5. We want user to re use .Net screen to change any prompts and click submit button again to call CR report
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Referencing:

We have requirement to disable the prompt panel for few reports in CR as we have .Net screen to enter parameters.

You will not be able to disable the prompt using open doc. You could mimic something along these lines using the .NET APIs, but not Open doc. In the app, you'd have create your own prompt screen though and disable that as you need.

- Ludek

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of BO are you using?  Is the .NET parameter screen in your own application or have you somehow integrated it into BO?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using BO4.1 and CR2013

Yes .Net screen calls BO via open doc URL and passes all the parameters.

We want to discourage user to use BO prompt panel but only for selective reports.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're passing the parameter values in the OpenDocument call, then the parameter panel should not be appearing.  The only time it would appear is if the user refreshes the report.  As far as I can tell, there is no way to hide the refresh button on the OpenDocument screen.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does appear with 'Find' & 'Group Tree' option on the left side.

Also there is refresh button at top bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

it comes after the report is loaded on left and top bar .. dont want the user to use prompt panel to change any parameter and rerun report. We want user to use .Net screen