Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign Id auto generated for campaign element but not campaign

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Whenever I create a campaign the Campaign Id is blank and I am entering an Id manually.

But when I create a campaign element the Campaign element Id is autofilled like C-xxxxxxxx.How can I have my campaign also to have a generated Id like the campaign element Id.Pls suggest.

Regards

Jayalakshmi Indrakanti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the issue is solved with the following note:

2163880 - No ID generated for new campaign in case desktop connection for SAP

CRM is installed

best regards,

Johannes

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a known issue. The problem is known in development and a permanent solution will be provided soon. In the meantime you need to implement one of the following workarounds.

The problem is related to the 'Desktop Connection for SAP CRM' Add-on. This shipped an active implementation of BAdI CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ.

Since the BAdI CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ is not enabled for multiple use the /CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED implementation is called for campaigns (therefore the issue should happen for campaigns only but not for marketing plans, nor campaign elements). The problem is that the implementing class /CRMGWS/CL_IM_MKT_MODIFIED does not contain the required coding for the auto ID generation.

As a workaround to enable the auto-ID generation again you can do the following:

• deactivate the shipped implementation /CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED
  • copy the the coding from CL_DEF_CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ=>IF_EX_CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ~GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID into the BAdI implementation class /CRMGWS/CL_IM_MKT_MODIFIED=>IF_EX_CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ~GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID

You can use that workaround until a permanent fix will be provided - I will then update this thread.

regards,

Johannes

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

As of now, i am trying for workaround only but i am unable to deactivate the implementation /CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED.

Please help me in deactivating this standard implementation.

Regards,

Jaya

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please refer to the following KBA:

1869228  External ID not generated properly for Marketing Plan Objects

This shows the settings to be done.

regards,

Johannes

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

I tried doing the functional setting as mentioned in the notes mentioned by you.But the campaign Id is still not generated(Rest all Campaign element/Marketing plan/plan element all Id's are externally generated.)The Badi mentioned in the note is not triggering for the campaign as told by my techical consultant.Can you pls help me resolve this.

Regards

Jaya

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the  BAdI CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ is called independently from the marketing plan object type, so is called for campaigns, campaign elements, marketing plans, trade promotions, etc.

What you can do is check if the called BAdI implementation has the GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID method implemented. The default implementation CL_DEF_CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ=>IF_EX_CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ~GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID should have the coding.

You can further check if the BAdI is called: this should happen in CL_CRM_MKTPL_HEADER_ITEM=>GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID around line 130 there is the following call:

lv_external_id = lr_badi_mgr->if_crm_mktgs_ol_badi~generate_external_id    
                 (
ir_mktproject        = lr_mktproject
                   ir_parent_mktproject = lr_parent_mktproject ).

Is this called?

regards,

Johannes

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

The method you mentioned GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID is not getting triggered for Campaigns,But getting triggered for Marketing plan/elements/campaign elements.

Pls suggest.

Regards

Jaya

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the method CL_CRM_MKTPL_HEADER_ITEM=>GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID is called from the MKTPL header assignment constructor. This should definitly be called in your scenario. Please check what happens there.

regards,

Johannes

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Method GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID of Badi implementation "/CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED" is called instead of  "CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ" of badi definition "CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ".

How can we make to call badi implementation "CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ".

How can

Regards,

Jaya

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

just use the coding of the standard implementation CL_DEF_CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ=>IF_EX_CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ~GENERATE_EXTERNAL_ID within your own BAdI implementation.

regards,

Johannes

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Neither allowing to implement badi "/CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED" nor can make changes in the standard badi implementation. It is showing the message "System setting does not allow changes to be object ENHO /CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED".

Actually this badi implementation is created/activated recently when updated business functions related to Groupware Integration.

Is there any way we can deactivate this badi or remove filter value of CPG(Campaign) value for this badi?

Regards,

Jaya

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what you are facing is a known issues. This is related to the 'Desktop Connection for SAP CRM' Add-on. This shipped an active implementation of BAdI CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ. Since the BAdI CRM_MKTPL_OL_OBJ is not enabled for multiple use the /CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED implementation is called for campaigns. A standard correction is currently being created.

For the meantime you can use the workaround to deactivate the shipped implementation:

/CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED /CRMGWS/MKT_MODIFIED CRMGWS CRM-BF-DCN Desktop Connection for SAP CRM: Geänderte Einträge für refer

Please deactivate the same for the meantime, until a permanent fix will be provided. This should enable the external ID generation again.

best regards,

Johannes