cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Crystal Reports for ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are having a custom report using ALV list format and we have lengthy dynamic header (more than 100 characters).We are facing an issue in bringing lengthy Dynamic Headers in Crystal Reports and ALV Grid. Since ALV Grid can handle only 60 characters in Header, it is not updating the Crystal reports if the length of the header is more than 60 characters.Also since the headers are in dynamic in nature we cannot change them using Crystal reports designer. Please let me know if there is any workaround for this.

Pls check the below screen shot for reference - See the Last Row.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran - is there a similar standard SAP report that I could try on my own system to see your issue better?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Sorry for the delay, I tried further and found that if the header row is more than one line then it is not appearing in Crystal Report, but the same is appearing in ALV grid using SALV.

Also when i select the Crystal Reports option from ALV it gives me a message that "Some columns would be cut off in the generated report".

Looks like product issue to me, please advice

Regards

IK

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - if you feel it is a product issue, I recommend opening an incident with SAP Support; I haven't encountered this myself