cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conf.Material is not replaced by variant in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've encountered a problem when trying to set up variant matching in the Sales Order:

I change a Sales Order via transaction VA02. It`s an order created from previous sales order.

I go to the Configuration tab. From there, I enter some characteristic values and press the Type matching button. A box appears below the configuration which says "Material variant", displaying the material variant that should replace the configurable material. However, I just can't get the variant that popped-up below to actually replace the configurable material.

But when I just add next item in this Sales Order, with exactly same characteristics values - everything works like a charm...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexander Bedin,

Have you checked status for old line item , it may be already delivered or produced and in inventory for sales order stock and replacement of material not permited. Which sounds logical.

Check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Many thanks for your reply.

Old line have no next docs and we are not using MTO; configurable material couldn't be produced.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexander Bedin,

seems i missed to ask, while creating sales order at first place configurable material is replaced by material variant, and you are not suppose to change configuration as well as configuration changes are not allowed on material variant so the only option i could see in your situation is adding anew line with new configuration.

Type matching works for replacing a configurable material with material variant, in your case you want to replace a material variant with another material variant.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our scenario, when sales order created all characteristics' values are not known.

In "parent" sales order entered only client's requirements and quantity for a few months.

When client paid created new sales order with required quantity and sales person enter all necessary characteristics values. And at this moment we expect configurable material should be replaced with stock material.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its confusing , if its a new sales order there should be a new line and type matching will work and pick the suitable material variant for it.

If you are using same sales order, then during first attempt , while creting sales order with limited characterstic values do not perform type matching or just ignore the variant proposed and save your order. As you know the variant picking up this time is not correct based upon partical matching so wait for full set of decision value.

Once you have all the values go back in change sales order mode and assign values and perform type matching and it will pick correct variant.

Thanks

Ritesh