cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PU19 - W2 Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

I have an issue in Tax reporter i.e. W2 form is not generating for couple of employees in one company code.

I could able to run W2 for rest of employees in same company code but problem with 4 Perners.

For these 4 Perners 941 form and other forms are generating, but only W2 form is not generating in Production client. (where as W2 is generating in Development and Quality clients)

Could you please let me know the reason for this?

Awaiting for your response.

Regards

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you checked the Tax log manager in prod for these 4 pernr's?

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your response.

Can you please let me know what to check in Tax Log Manager....

Also when i run the Tax Reporter for W2 upto 09/30/2014 W2 is generating but if i run upto 12/31/2014 W2 is not generating. What could be the reason.

Regards

Sridhar

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Not sure what would be the issue, but see if you can check in prod following -

Run pay recon from 10/01/2014 to 12/31/2014 for wage types /701 and /401 and see if you getting results. looks like you have issue in Qtr 4. Just check if you have TCRT for last pay period with negative /BT1 wage type. W2 will not generate if you get negative /BT1 value in TCRT.

Please check and let us know.

Thanks,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your response.

I ran payroll Reconciliation report i am able to see /701 and /401 wage type results for the period 10/01/2014 to 12/31/2014.

Also i checked TCRT table for this period and there is no negative /BT1 values, i can see positive values.

Regards

Sridhar

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

I am sure there might be error logged in the log manager of PU19. Can you check the error log in Log manager of PU19. You will see the issue pertaining to the respective employees.

Thanks,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Yes, i found error in error Log. Please check the below screen shot.

Can you please let me know what could be the necessary steps we need to do further.

Regards

Sridhar

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

The T037 is a tax form and associated with tax form group W23J, so go to the node in SPRO under US payroll -> Tax reporter -> Tax Form Group -> Define tax form group containing non-tax wage types or directly table V_51TA_B and check the wage types associated in the W23J form group. The wage types associated in the W23J are actually coming as Negative in your pernr TCRT which can be resolved by manual adjustment in PU19. Please check with your user if they can adjust it manually in PU19.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I checked tax form group W23J associated WT's 1)1252 - Sick pay and 2)1530 - Sick Pay

and i checked these WT's in TCRT table but i can see +ve amounts.

Could you please let me know where to check T037 is a tax form and associated with tax form group W23J (For my reference)

Also how we can do adjustments manually in PU19 because my user not aware of all these and i am also not involved in this previously.

Regards

Sridhar

AshishBhati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Run the Pay recon for entire 2014 year for wage type 1252 and 1530 and check which amount is Negative and in which pay period.

You can adjust it via PAUX transaction or manually in PU19. In PU19 under utilities there is a manual entries section.

You can directly enter the W23J under tax form group column in manual entries with positive value and save it. Just for your information, Manual entries will not update payroll cluster but this can be handle to bring your W2 copy for this employee. But if you want you can adjust it from PAUX too if you know how.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashish,

Thanks for your information

Please check the following Payroll Recon report....

Please correct me if i am wrong that we can maintain $192.32 manually in PU19 right.

Regards

Sridhar

Answers (0)