Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA datasource - populating append fields

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

I am working with COPA datasource and I have a situation whereby a particular field is missing data since October.

In late September, I made small change ( include more fields for selection ) and moved my transport to Production.  The field that is missing data is added as an append structure in COPA.

In logistic extractor, one can use LBWE to add new fields and it will be populated without writing user exit or add fields to an append structure and write user exit to populate it.

In CE1* table, the column is populated but in RSA3 the  append field is not filled. I would like to know if I need to do additional configuration after making changes to COPA extractor.

thanks,

Bhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How Ramanjaneyulu Korrapati says, COPA is not similiar like LO datasources enhancement.

My suggestion, is regenerate your COPA datasource.

- Delete your current datasource (ECC KEB0)

- Create it again (ECC KEB0)

- Replicate this datasource (BW)

- Copy the transformations (BW)

Thanks

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tested at RSA3? is it pulled data fro added field?

if not then need to check about your enhancement.

As my gues you may missed to regenrate your data source.

in COPA in case of enhancement, we need delete old data source and add required field to operating concern. Later we regenerate data source with same old name.

COPA enhancement is not similar like LO data sources. its different to handle it.

Thanks

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

Let me clarify further, My COPA datasource was already enhanced 2 years ago.  I recently made a change by including more fields from selection and that was september. After september, Shipping types became blank even though I could see values in KE24 report and CE1* table.

in the user exit, there is a logic to do a lookup when shipping type is blank.  currently some rows are populated and this is because the logic reads from TVRO table.  I want the rows to be populated with values from as in KE24 report or CE1* table.

My question are:

- if I need to write logic to populate the field with values from CE1* table

- if regeneration is needed after I added new fields for selections.

- the logic below only populates when shipping type is blank hence I should be able to see the values that have shipping types but so far they are all blank.

when '1_CO_PA_DATASOURCE'.

loop at c_t_data into it_trct.

w_tabix = sy-tabix.

*--- If shipping type is missing ,
then fill

data: it_vsart
type tvro-vsart,

it_route type vbap-route.

if it_trct -vsart
is initial and

not t_trct-kaufn
is initial.

select single route into it_route fromvbap

where vbeln =it_trct -kaufn and

posnr = it_trct -kdpos.

if sy-subrc
= 0.

select single vsart into it_vsart fromtvro

where route =it_route.

if sy-subrc
= 0 and

not it_vsart is
initial

it_trct -vsart = it_vsart.

endif.

endif.

endif.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

I agree with Vitor and Rama, its like restarting...we cant enhance it the way we do it for LO.

Its as good as creating a NEW Datasource and Reloading the data...the other way is to populate the same Value KF/Char in an existing Char which is unused..say a Dummy Object/Field thru CMOD.

Rgds

SVU